How did it go?

Options
heatherlsi
heatherlsi Posts: 90 Member
How was your day? Are you closer to your goal? Actually, I'd love to here what your goals are... short and long term

My short term goal, by the end of March I want to weigh under 193 pounds. That'll mean I've lost a little over 50 pounds.

My long term is to run the Monumental Marathon in November and to weigh less that 135 pounds. That will put me in all of the "normal" or "low risk" categories at the doctors office.

Have a great day Friday!!!!

Replies

• hounds726
    hounds726 Posts: 63
    Options
    Today has been okay! --We are CRAZY busy as work.

I finally am back under the 170 mark. I was previously below this but with some crazy life events (death in the family, work trip, vacation--all in the same 3 weeks) I lost a lot of my motivation and ability/will to eat healthy. But I am back at it now. I was so relieved to see 169.5 this morning (sad sad sad!) but am taking baby steps. Overall I have lost about 27 lbs but I still have so far to go!

My goals: I want to be under 165 when my wedding dress arrives in about 4 short weeks. (167 is 'healthy' for my height) and I would like to be 150 and toned for my July wedding :)

Here's to it being the weekend with lots of fun stuff on the horizon! Have a great day!
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I took a rescreening for our Wellness exam at work this morning. I'm going to get an extra $10 per check for the rest of the year for losing 10% body weight. I need to get my BMI down to 27 by EOY to get that next year. That's about 199 or 53 more pounds. I have some work to do! Eventually I need to get 70 more pounds to get $20 extra per check. It's not really all that much cash, but it's just a little incentive to get to some needed goals in any case.
  • heatherlsi
    Options
    Today has been okay! --We are CRAZY busy as work.

I finally am back under the 170 mark. I was previously below this but with some crazy life events (death in the family, work trip, vacation--all in the same 3 weeks) I lost a lot of my motivation and ability/will to eat healthy. But I am back at it now. I was so relieved to see 169.5 this morning (sad sad sad!) but am taking baby steps. Overall I have lost about 27 lbs but I still have so far to go!

My goals: I want to be under 165 when my wedding dress arrives in about 4 short weeks. (167 is 'healthy' for my height) and I would like to be 150 and toned for my July wedding :)

Here's to it being the weekend with lots of fun stuff on the horizon! Have a great day!

You should be feeling really good for getting back on track! For me that's one of the hardest things to do. It looks like you've set really realistic goals! Congratulations on your engagement. Just think about the pictures that you'll look at for the rest of your life..... they'll be beautiful =)
  • heatherlsi
    Options
    I took a rescreening for our Wellness exam at work this morning. I'm going to get an extra $10 per check for the rest of the year for losing 10% body weight. I need to get my BMI down to 27 by EOY to get that next year. That's about 199 or 53 more pounds. I have some work to do! Eventually I need to get 70 more pounds to get $20 extra per check. It's not really all that much cash, but it's just a little incentive to get to some needed goals in any case.

That's great news, $40 a month!!! I wish I was on that program! The health benefits are a great incentive by themselves but you'll get a little reminder of your accomplishments every Friday too.... 53 more pounds by December is realistic, what a great year this is going to be.
  • Coolhand1969
    Options

That's great news, $40 a month!!! I wish I was on that program! The health benefits are a great incentive by themselves but you'll get a little reminder of your accomplishments every Friday too.... 53 more pounds by December is realistic, what a great year this is going to be.

Ummm... $20/Month - every other Friday ;)
  • AmandaKay2012
    Options
    Wow! That would be an incredible incentive. Capitalism could actually fix our country-wide obesity epidemic?

Can I ask where you work that offers the program? If not, what industry/market?

Amanda
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    I work for a local health care network....
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    It's up to $50 a paycheck - determined by BMI, cholesterol, Blood pressure, blood glucose level, waist circumference, and tobacco usage...
  • aeverton
    aeverton Posts: 359
    Options
    I recently hit my goal weight. But, now I'm not sure about what my "perfect" weight should be. I'm thinking maybe I should focus on body fat percentages. I dunno. I do have a goal of being able to do 3 pull ups unassisted.

Angie
  • heatherlsi
    Options
    Wow, that's great that you're at your goal! Great new goal, pull ups are tough!