Is anyone else addicted to The Sims games?

Options
mixedfeelings
mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
but feels a deep sense of shame at the same time?

I rarely admit it in public so I wonder how many other closeted simmers there are, seen as though the latest Sims 3 expansion has just come out.

Whenever I play I always resent how easy it is to lose weight and make money it is.

Replies

• yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I feel like I should be an interior designer because of The Sims... I always design the house, get bored, then close the game down
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I am deeply ashamed to admit I played The Sims Online for a month. I have Sims 1 and 2, and no have no shame there. Almost bought 3 this week when Steam had it on sale.
  • mixedfeelings
    Options
    I feel like I should be an interior designer because of The Sims... I always design the house, get bored, then close the game down

I know what you mean, sometimes I just play it because I've had an idea for a house, playing with the characters is a bit too easy.
  • mixedfeelings
    Options
    I am deeply ashamed to admit I played The Sims Online for a month. I have Sims 1 and 2, and no have no shame there. Almost bought 3 this week when Steam had it on sale.

I started playing it but it was too demanding. The Sims 3 is great but it is just an improved version of the previous games.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I play The Sims 2 way too much! I bought 3 and hated it and went back to 2. I am so determined to finish a Legacy on The Sims 2. lol
  • mixedfeelings
    Options
    I play The Sims 2 way too much! I bought 3 and hated it and went back to 2. I am so determined to finish a Legacy on The Sims 2. lol

The weird thing was when 3 came out I was finding 2 was taking ages to load on my computer so 3 seemed so much quicker. I still have them all, boxes of the stuff! I want an IKEA and H&M add on pack for three though, those two Swedish giants need to enter The Sims world again.
  • mightymom2
    mightymom2 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    i have sims 3 for the 360 which i play every so often
  • slightlycrunchy
    slightlycrunchy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love the Sims 3, but don't have much time to play it. Did you get the Showtime expansion? It didn't look to me like it added much to the game but I'm interested in hearing from people who've actually played it.
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I had ALL of the Sims2 series -- incredible game and really brings out the creative side in everyone. It was said that Sims was the only series that had more female players than males.

Sims3 was kinda disappointing. I like the customization tools for coloring and such, but beyond that it's kinda meh.
  • mixedfeelings
    Options
    I love the Sims 3, but don't have much time to play it. Did you get the Showtime expansion? It didn't look to me like it added much to the game but I'm interested in hearing from people who've actually played it.

I have got it but I haven't played it yet, I think my graphics card is on it's way out, doing a bit of a clean up with my PC this afternoon, hoping it might run later, if not I need to start saving for a new card :sad:
  • mixedfeelings
    Options
    I had ALL of the Sims2 series -- incredible game and really brings out the creative side in everyone. It was said that Sims was the only series that had more female players than males.

Sims3 was kinda disappointing. I like the customization tools for coloring and such, but beyond that it's kinda meh.

It's weird as you go from having so many different abilities if you have the sims 2 and all the expansions back to basics with the sims 3, it's come along now and I do enjoy it but my computer just isn't up to running it all the time. I feel like EA are really making a bit of mess with it, plus the amount they charge for sets of furniture or clothes is ridiculous.
  • mixedfeelings
    Options
    i have sims 3 for the 360 which i play every so often

I never really liked the console version as I felt they were a bit annoying to control but I've only ever played the ones for the xbox and not 360 but I've been tempted to get it for the 360, would you recommend it? I kind of think if I could get it for a £10 it would be worth it.
  • shady81x
    shady81x Posts: 290
    Options

Hey! And I thought I was the only one! I mentioned that to a friend, and she thought I was crazy for STILL playing Sims 2 with 3 + expansions out :laugh:

I do have the intention of "catching up" with Sims 3 someday though... but for now, ah well... WoW pretty much takes up all my time already :bigsmile:
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    My roommate got me hooked on the Sims when she bought Sims 2. I never played Sims 1 when she had that, but when it became apparent that there were all these expansions one could purchase...well, Sims 2 has been it for me.

Plus, I can pick up expansion packs now at the Habitat Restore for $2-$6; pretty sweet deal. I just saw the H&M pack on Saturday, but I think I have that one. The most current upgrade I did was Seasons.

I did try out Medival Sims, which was a good concept but it was utterly unsatisfying in the fact that the kids never grew up and you couldn't have them inherit the kingdom only to be overthrown by their evil brother/sister/uncle. There was so much more that could have been done with that game that I was glad I didn't spend the money.

Of course, now my Canadian sista has got me into LotRO and all other things seem to fall by the wayside....
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    My bestie got me into the sims---my first game being 'Bustin' Out!'.

Soon after that I played the Sims 1 on PC (and on gamecube.. blech.) My true obsession though started with the Sims 2. I splurged on it randomly and from then on went to spend countless nights getting Strangetown tweaked to my liking. My computer has become weakened so I can't play the games anymore, though I hope to soon invest in another computer and start from where everything was left off with the backed up files. Golly.. so much custom content!

Since being unable to play, my time has gone into TS3 for the 360, but of course it's just not the same. Good, but not the same. TS3 overall is great, but there's just this weird addiction that I still have with Ts2 that I dont think I'll be able to drop anytime soon.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Oooh yeahhh I'm addicted. I loved Sims 2, then my boyfriend got me Sims 3. And I'm loving it. Looove Sims 3 Pets too~!
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    huge sims fan,.. in sims 3 i created the most awesome house. i called it the compound. up top i put in this huge garden (more than half of one of the biggest lots) i put in every plant available all perfects. i put a small house and pond. the small house led to a hallway that led downstairs where there were four levels of basements. i put in a dormitory. a whole level was dedicated to all the different skills you could gain. one floor was for entertainment, and the bottom floor held the apartments of the leader and his closest henchmen. it had secret passages everywhere. it was awesome, it took me about 9hrs to finish and decorate it. i tried to upload it, it corrupted, and now i cant get back into it... so sad.. i'll make another one.. i just love the sims too much.. and no i dont tell any of my friends that i play..
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of the Sims although I don't readily admit this to anyone else LOL. I love the Sims 3 and the expansions. I haven't purchased the Sims Showtime yet. Has anyone played it yet?
  • Iheartpsychosis
    Options
    I go through phases. Where I play the Sims 24/7 for a week. Then take a break for a few months lol. I'm an all or nothing type. At the moment I'm not playing because my favorite family are in a corrupted town and I can't play them anymore. I just get sick of restarting my families all the time because of stupid EA. I usually wait until I forget the family and feel comfortable making a new one.
  • Sassia
    Sassia Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I love sims. I have to stay away though as i have lost 13+ hours at a time to it. Whole weekends lost to 4 generations of sims....