Weekend!!!! Goals?

heatherlsi
heatherlsi Posts: 90 Member
This weekend I'm taking my son to a Soccer tournament in Cincinnati, staying over night in a hotel so it will be a challenge to stay on track. The good news though is that I can go to my double spin class (2 hours) morning before we leave, I really love the class because I leave really worn out but energized and relaxed at the same time... I strained various muscles in me lower leg a couple weeks ago and I didn't make it through the entire class last Saturday but I'm pretty sure I will tomorrow. Since I've started exercising this is my first "injury" it's been a lot harder to rest that it is to keep to my exercise schedule. We have a great YMCA, nice people and enjoy going.

What are your goals for the weekend?

Mine is to finish the spin class and stay under 1500 calories Saturday and Sunday....

Replies

• heatherlsi
    Made it to end of 2 house spin class! My leg is getting better. Anyone else ever had an injury that slowed down your workout schedule? It is very frustrating, how did you handle it?
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 821 Member
    Made it to end of 2 house spin class! My leg is getting better. Anyone else ever had an injury that slowed down your workout schedule? It is very frustrating, how did you handle it?

Is that a 2 HOUR spin class? Impressive.. One hour is definitely enough for me....

I've have not yet had an injury significantly impact cardio workouts. (although I deal with an injury or condition in my elbow that somewhat affects weight training - "snapping triceps syndrome" )
  • jobryan4
    jobryan4 Posts: 138 Member

Great job! Glad the leg is better.

I was doing great with the 30 day shred, in level 2 day 5 and now I have a strained hip flexer. It seems like everything in level 2 involves the hip flexer so I've been resting it and avoiding the 30DS but hate that I'm off schedule now. I can still run /walk and it doesn't get irritated so I've been continuing with the C25K program (just started week 4). It is frustrating to get an injury but as we all know it's important to rest it before it gets worse. A change in work out routine is good for the body anyway.
  • heatherlsi
    The class is actually 2, 1 hour classes but so many people have started staying for 2 classes Saturday morning it's one of my favorite parts of the week, I feel just completely worn out and relaxed at the end.... and I was running after it also. I think I love doing it because I CAN. When I started last May walking an 18:54 minute per mile pace was for 3 miles was a challenge, so the Saturday class is kind of a ritual to remind me that I CAN change, I CAN get better, healthier, faster, happier =) I'm in running time out for one more week. please keep your fingers crossed that my leg is good as new and ready to go ....