Silent Hill Fans?

Options
catshark209
catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
Anyone breathlessly waiting for Downpour? I know I am. Also the HD collection of SH.
Good times.

Replies

• SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'm SUPER-excited for the HD collection.
    Not sure how I feel about downpour, though :P
    I may rent it, but not sure if it'll be worth a buy
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not sure about Downpour. It looks oookay, but I'll wait until more reviews come out. Plus, I have so many other things to play (ie: Mass Effect 3), but I can't just yet because I'm super busy. D:
  • catshark209
    Options
    I just can't get over the whole water thing.
    I'm getting it cuz I'm just so obsessed with the whole SH series.
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Silent Hill fan since '99 here :)

I'm definitely excited about Downpour but cant say I'm too thrilled about the water theme.

My Ranking:
    1. Silent Hill - What can I say pure perfection. The atmosphere and cryptic nature of the game was at its peak here.

2. Silent Hill: Shattered Memories - Amazingly poignant story, very surprising yet functional twist. The ending made me a bit weepy :(

3. SH 2 - The atmosphere here was much more subdued than the first one but the story is top notch. Pyramid Head!

4. SH 3 - Loved that they got back to blood, grit and rust themes. Heather was a cool protagonist but the game had too much exposition. Urban exploration severely limited compared to first two games. Best joke ending in the series though.

5. Homecoming - Not as bad as many make it out to be but not great either.

6. Origins - Get to explore the streets of Silent Hill again (yay). Game was too short and story was utterly pointless. Some cool, creepy locations though.

7. The Room - Totally disown this one. It's a hot mess from top to bottom. The story is very interesting but its just not a Silent Hill game.
  • SnakeDarling
    Options

7. The Room - Totally disown this one. It's a hot mess from top to bottom. The story is very interesting but its just not a Silent Hill game.

I agree, but I felt the same about Homecoming.
    Homecoming kinda felt more like a Resident Evil than a Silent Hill...
  • catshark209
    Options

I agree, but I felt the same about Homecoming.
    Homecoming kinda felt more like a Resident Evil than a Silent Hill...

This.
  • Seirura
    Seirura Posts: 12
    Options
    Always been a huge Silent Hill fan since I was 9! But The Room is my favorite because I actually beat it, the story and the soundtrack I really love the soundtrack!
  • dsuppa1997
    Options
    definitely looking forward to the HD collection, although not sure how it will stand up to current standards....
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Always been a huge Silent Hill fan since I was 9! But The Room is my favorite because I actually beat it, the story and the soundtrack I really love the soundtrack!

Agreed about the soundtrack, esp Your Rain and Room of Angel. Probably the best in the series next to Shattered Memories.
  • SnakeDarling
    Options
    definitely looking forward to the HD collection, although not sure how it will stand up to current standards....

Those were my thoughts, too.

I wish they could have done a remake of the first Silent Hill for the newer gen consoles.
    My life would be complete :p
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    SH3 was my favorite. I will probably rent Downpour. I have too many games going on right now. Skyrim, Space Marines, ME3....
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    See, I want to get my hands on the collection and Downpour, buuuut I'm one of those gamers who (embarrassingly enough) gets too panicky or scared to finish certain scary games. I couldn't bring myself to play many of the older Silent Hill games, so I just got my kicks from sitting back and watching others play it.

Well THIS time around, I may try to grow a pair of 'brass'uns' and go for it. I mean a friend of mines actually got me to sit down and play Shattered Memories---as short and ..well.. different as that version was from the originals (still thoroughly enjoyed the near panic attacks it gave me though). In any case, I'll see. I REALLY want to get into it.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I'm to scared to play that game lol