Almost gave up today.

Options
This morning, I had a binge in which I ate 100 calories over my limit. I felt guilty and miserable but managed to get out for a 2 hour bike ride. It got windy, and it lightly rained just about the whole time, but it felt like a victory because I had been so close to giving up and starting over yet again, after 10 days of sticking to my diet so well. Funny how sometimes these binges seem to happen without your choosing, huh?

I burned over 1,000 calories and while I'm not sure I see any sugary or sweet foods in the rest of my day (not sure I WANT them), needless to say, I can still have stuff to eat..!!! Haha.

Replies

• colorlessgreen
    colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Awesome job with the bike ride! I slept in late and haven't even managed to look out the window yet; I can just tell the weather is miserable today. :( Maybe I'll at least try to get a walk in later.
  • ParisArkw
    ParisArkw Posts: 186
    Options
    Thank you! The bike ride definitely saved me today. I SWEAR, this year has been the windiest year Seattle has had! That I can remember in my 23 years, at least. =b It's like it replaced the rain this winter. It's not tooo cold out, though. You should definitely go for a little walk if you can. =)
  • colorlessgreen
    colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Also, I looked at your food journal--15 Girl Scout cookies is far from a real binge! ;) You didn't do so bad. I know at least for me, there was a time in the very recent past (i.e. a month ago, right before I started counting calories) when I would've eaten all four boxes and had some ice cream afterwards. The fact that you recognized what you were doing and stopped at 15 cookies shows some great self-awareness, if you ask me. :)
  • ParisArkw
    ParisArkw Posts: 186
    Options
    I finished off one of the boxes, there were just 7 cookies left, haha. But we had dutch babies for breakfast and I had way more of that than I should've. But thank you...indeed, it could've been worse and I did stop myself sooner than I would have if I weren't keeping such close track on my calories.