Happy to be here!

Options
Callidreamr
Callidreamr Posts: 52 Member
I'm so glad to see there is a group for us 40 something ladies! I am a 44 year old, married (25 years), mother to 3 (28, 25 and 18), full-time working woman. Now that my children aren't "kids" anymore, I have time to invest in me. I've been doing Chalean Extreme for the last week and I'm really loving it. I have used The Firm for years and enjoy Turbo Jam and Zumba Rush on the Xbox Kinect. There's nothing like working out and reshaping your body to make a woman feel empowered and more confident.

I noticed in the last few years that women change and things aren't the same as when you are in your 20's and 30's. When I was talking with some of my friends, I realized that we had a lot of common issues that we just didn't really discuss (unexplained weight gain, hormonal acne, melasma and other skin issues, etc) and it was helpful to know that I wasn't going through these issues by myself. I also found that it was helpful to share what has worked or not, so that we all can embrace this stage of our lives and make it through looking and feeling our best!!

So nice to meet you all and I look forward to chatting with everyone!

Replies

• SlinkyNewMe
    SlinkyNewMe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the group! :flowerforyou:
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    On day 70, would not have lost 22lbs if it had not been for this site, good luck to everyone.
  • CRVDiva
    CRVDiva Posts: 104
    Options
    Welcome to the group. I'm fairly new too but feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Callidreamr
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome everybody!
  • aodc909297
    aodc909297 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I just joined your group this morning! I'm so glad that I found it because I do feel that women over 40 need a special kind of support and inspiration as we enter or continue our journey to a better level of fitness and health. Probably many of you with children have done what I have done ... neglected ourselves while we raised our children! Wow, that's 22 years for me!!! I have a lot of work to do! Now, it's time to focus on improving myself and my health. I want to age gracefully, don't you? I'm glad I will have all of you to help me through this journey. I'm here to help you as well - just add me as a friend - we can all get through this together. Remember, we are talking lifestyle changes so it is kinda like teaching old dogs new tricks!!! Sometimes it's not easy but with positive reinforcement, we can ALL achieve our goals.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm really enjoying this group too! My body is so different in my 40's than it was when I was in my 30's. I think we have so many other issues affecting our weight loss. For me, personally, I hit menopause super early and have to deal with that which makes it even harder for me to lose weight.

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Helene
  • Callidreamr
    Options
    We all need to support each other through this phase of our lives. Thanks for the support.