Where would you like to go?
How many years have you been attending?
What did you cosplay as each year?

Just a general discussion regarding conventions :p

Replies

• PeachKitty
    Options
    Which do you go to?

So far I've attended two Kitacons, and one Ayacon.

Which are superior?

Ayacon was better by far! The people are friendlier, there's more going on, a greater range of cosplays, and not nearly so many rules and restrictions. On top of it, there was far less technical difficulties!

I'd like to try Amecon because I hear that's a fun one, though apparently Kitacon this year has the voice of GLaDOS; gutted that we decided not to go!

Three, Kita the first and second year, and Aya the third.

Kita 09':

Alphonse Elric (movie version)

Kita '10:

Alphonse Elric (FMA movie version)
    Roy Mustang (FMA)

Aya '11

Minako Arisato (FemC - Persona 3 Portable)
    Toshio Ozaki - (Shiki)

For the next Aya I'm hoping to go as Elena from Uncharted (totally need to lose weight to pull off the infamous half tuck), and a part of me is toying with Lightning from FFXIII; depending on what my figure is looking like at the time. Also tempted to Professor Layton, for sheer awesomeness.

Great topic idea, btw.
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
  • nikkiolie
    Options
    Which do you go to?
    Sakuracon
    Kumoricon
    Akicon
    Mewcon
    Fanime
    Katsucon (2013 will be my first)

Which are superior?
    I don't think any one is better than the other. They each have their own perks. I personally enjoy Kumoricon because it was my first and it is rather small and I know almost everyone there. I think Sakuracon has a higher skill level of cosplay which I also enjoy plus I am able to meet new people. I am really excited to go to Fanime this year and Katsucon next year because of all the amazing cosplayers I see there.

Katsucon is my dream and I AM going to make it happen next year.

I've been going to cons since '07
    Kumoricon - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, and will be going to '12 this year
    Sakuracon - '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 (in a few weeks 8D)
    Akicon - '09, '10
    Mewcon - '08/'09, '09/'10, '10/'11

God I can't remember which cosplays I wore. It would take forever. I will say my plans for this year.

Sak - Date Masamune (Sengoku Basara) and Deedlit (Record of Lodoss War)
    Fanime - Date (same as above)
    Kumoricon - Rokuro Unno (Brave 10), Jakotsu (Inuyasha), and Azula (Avatar the last Airbender)
    Aki - Date Masamune (Brave 10), Rokuro (Brave 10)
    My friend is running a new con for new years so I will probably wear Rokuro to that too.

One think I am looking forward to is my Katsucon cosplay. I plan on wearing Darc from Arc the Lad. http://www.gameinformer.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Components-UserFiles/00-00-49-55-86-Attached+Files/4101.02.jpg
    Which brings me to the reason I want to lose some weight so my abs will show :P
  • Kiroshinodeleted
    Options
    Which do you go to?

AnimeNEXT: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 (planning for 2012)
    Anime Boston: 2009 (planning for 2012)
    MangaNEXT: 2012
    Otakon: 2011 (planning for 2012)

Which are superior?

Tough to say. I really go for the environment and concerts. AnimeNEXT/MangaNEXT were the most stale feeling. Anime Boston was probably the most fun overall. Otakon, despite being the largest, overwhelmed me at first but soon became stale. Giving them all another chance this year.

Anime Expo, without a doubt. Planning for Comiket first though.

2009: Bai Ji-Shin Chang (Black Lagoon)
    2010: Kamijou Toma (To Aru Majutsu no Index)
    2011: Timber (Black Butler), Kyoya Hibari (Reborn!)

No idea what I'm going to do this year. Not enough time to put something together for Anime Boston. I am, however, doing something called "Otaku Highschool Delinquents": http://www.otakuhighdelinquents.proboards.com/
  • sailorsaturn
    Options
    Which do you go to? only been to AWA

Where would you like to go? anime expo

How many years have you been attending? 3- or 4 years

What did you cosplay as each year? i have only cosplayed for 2 years i was lina lee from d gray man, then i was a girl from the band k-on last year. this year i will be a person from baka and test.