I miss "diet" foods

Options
katy4399
katy4399 Posts: 136 Member
I miss foods that fill me up and are low in calories like fiber one bars, whole wheat pasta, vitamuffins.... Just wanted to get that off my chest :)

Replies

• luvtabasco
    luvtabasco Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Me too!!
  • sweet110
    sweet110 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I miss all the little conveniences of packaged foods!
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I miss Kashi Go Lean.
  • caroleslaststand
    caroleslaststand Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Nature Valley Oats n honey Crunchy Granola Bars are gluten free - if you can handle the sweet - actually they come in pkgs of 2, so eating just one of those is a reasonable snack for me, if I haven't been eating a lot of other sweet things.
  • caroleslaststand
    caroleslaststand Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I miss foods that fill me up and are low in calories like fiber one bars, whole wheat pasta, vitamuffins.... Just wanted to get that off my chest :)

Gluten free pasta - it's great stuff, whether corn or rice. I like it better than the wheat. However, it's a lot of carbs and a pain to measure. Nice treat when it works for me...
  • katy4399
    katy4399 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Nature Valley Oats n honey Crunchy Granola Bars are gluten free - if you can handle the sweet - actually they come in pkgs of 2, so eating just one of those is a reasonable snack for me, if I haven't been eating a lot of other sweet things.

I don't think the oats a certified gluten free though. I might try one and see how I feel :)
  • jcrinc
    jcrinc Posts: 1
    Options
    I just tried the Nature Valley Oats 'n Honey today and haven't had any problems. I used to eat them as a kid, so it took me way back. They're very good.
  • flyawaybyebye
    Options
    I buy those steam-in-the-bag veggie medley bags - they are so yummy, low cal and super easy!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    i miss whole wheat, wheat thins, grape nuts, barley, etc. can get imitations of the naughty stuff (except cheez-its!!!) but nothing matches that wheaty taste :frown:
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I miss bread sticks and wheat thins. I miss my cinnomon toast crunch too. :( But, it is our sacrifice to stay healthy. It definately sucks though.
  • abooknerd
    abooknerd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Cheerios... get the gf Natures Path whole O's, may look the same but not quite. Wasabe peas, who'd have thought they used wheat in those??? They were one of my favorite low cal with some protein snacks!
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Don't know if these are of any interest, but you can get 100 cal packs of GF pretzels. I think there are 8 in a box and 6 boxes in a case for like $24... (So 48 bags total for $24 makes them about .50 cents a bag... Not sure on shipping...)

http://snydersofhanover.stores.yahoo.net/glfrprst.html