Goals this week!

Options
heatherlsi
heatherlsi Posts: 90 Member
Please tell us what your goal is this week, what's your obstacle?

My goal this week is to do all of my workouts and lose 2 more pounds by Monday.. that will get me to minus 50!!!!!!

We've had the flu at our house which has been an obstacle to making it to the gym.

Replies

• Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Please tell us what your goal is this week, what's your obstacle?

Finishing c25k week one. No obstacle.
  • heatherlsi
    Options
    What is c25k? A DVD? How's it going?
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    What is c25k? A DVD? How's it going?

It's a running program.... c25k = couch to 5k
    You can follow printouts off the website, or download an app for your phone, but the gist is that it builds you up gradually through walk/run intervals into being able to run a 5k...
  • jobryan4
    jobryan4 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the c25K too! I'm on week 4 doing workout 3 on Friday. I can't believe how well the program works, each week the first workout is killer but the other 2 are so much more manageable. I'm a little concerned about the 20 minute run on week 5 workout 3 but I'm trusting the program will have us ready for it. Good luck, you can do it!
  • aeverton
    aeverton Posts: 359
    Options
    my goal is to continue my "training" for pull ups. and to do my daily workout. I'd also like to do better with drinking water on the weekends. For some reason I do better during the week.

Angie
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Try not to gain too much weight during spring break :P. Then it's back to the gym and eating healthy!
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    Goal completed!
  • aeverton
    aeverton Posts: 359
    Options
    Goal completed!

Way to Go!

I've got a question about C25K...I'm relatively fit ( 2 months of Indy Boot Camps, one round of P90X, and I've completed ChaLean Extreme and I'm on the maintence weight lifting plan- cardio days I do Butt Bible.), but as I've stated I'm not a runner. However, I have these crazy goals in the back of my head that require running. So, would C25K be a good program for me?

Angie
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    Goal completed!

Way to Go!

I've got a question about C25K...I'm relatively fit ( 2 months of Indy Boot Camps, one round of P90X, and I've completed ChaLean Extreme and I'm on the maintence weight lifting plan- cardio days I do Butt Bible.), but as I've stated I'm not a runner. However, I have these crazy goals in the back of my head that require running. So, would C25K be a good program for me?

Angie

I'd think so (although I'm no expert by any means). I'd gotten somewhat fit also through several months of ellipticals/spinning/etc... but have never really been a runner. The longest I'd ever run (in HS football) was two miles, but I'd really like to be able to run at least a 5k as one of goals, and this seems a great way to get there. I'm pretty sure I could have skipped at least the first week as far as the CV goes, but thought I might want to do it anyway just to make sure it built up muscle ankles and things like that.
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    Finish c25k week two!
    Three sets of assisted pullups at 75lbs or less assistance.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    My goal is to workout five times in one week, which I did last week, and I don't see any reason why I can't do it again this week.

I also have a goal of eating some serious fiber tomorrow.

My obstacles are having time and energy to cook. I find that my biggest success comes when I eat food that I made myself rather than eating out. I just don't feel like washing dishes, and I can't cook without clean dishes and clean countertops. Ugh...
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Well technically I lost weight over spring break, so I achieved my goal! The problem is, I'm guessing it was a lot of muscle mass. Either way, not too much damage done :). Hit the gym again today! Day off tomorrow
  • heatherlsi
    Options
    My goal is to workout five times in one week, which I did last week, and I don't see any reason why I can't do it again this week.

I also have a goal of eating some serious fiber tomorrow.

My obstacles are having time and energy to cook. I find that my biggest success comes when I eat food that I made myself rather than eating out. I just don't feel like washing dishes, and I can't cook without clean dishes and clean countertops. Ugh...

I always do better with home cooked meals, How did the workouts go?