Introduce Yourself

Options
sayloregal
sayloregal Posts: 12 Member
Hi, my name is Tina and I live in Johnstown, CO. I recently, as in the last week, joined MFP, and realized not a lot of people seem to be in my area. I'm looking to lose at least 75 lbs, not only to feel better and be healthy, but my daughter is getting married next summer and I want to look good in my mother-of-the-bride dress. :o) I'm hoping to find others to connect with to help motivate me and be accountable to. I have limited time right now that I can do things, but it would be nice to have a walking buddy once in a while, or someone willing to try out a class or two. I don't belong to any gyms, so hoping to do this on my own. I can do about a 20 min mile, at least while walking the dog.

I lost 40lbs about 5 yrs ago and have pretty much gained it all back.. lost 20, gained it back. Tired of being on the weight roller coaster.

Looking forward to making new friends.

Replies

• pmorgan813
    pmorgan813 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Just have time for a quick hello! I'm Pam - live in Longmont, have a 17 yr. old daughter. Getting there slowly but surely - still have about 70lbs to go.
  • tess4h
    tess4h Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Tina, I am in johnstown too! I haven't gone in ages but highly recommend Kim's yoga classes...her schedule is on her website kimsmarr.com.
  • sayloregal
    Options
    thanks i'll have to check it out.
  • Uneeknitter
    Uneeknitter Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Name is MIchelle and I live in Longmont. Always looking for more people to walk/run with. :D
  • Corrie_Lynn
    Corrie_Lynn Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Corrie, I live in Fort Collins. I'm a SAHM mom to 4 kids :)
  • sayloregal
    Options
    Welcome Corrie! Let me know what we can do to help keep you motivated. :o)
  • footballmom68
    footballmom68 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Kara, I live in Longmont, and I'm friends with Michelle. I have 3 boys (one in college at CSU) and work in Boulder M-F, but am up for weekend walks around Mac Lake or Golden Ponds.
  • echeindl
    echeindl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

I live in Greeley and go to UNC. I'm about 30lbs away from my absolute ideal goal but my mini goal is to lose 15lbs by June!
  • Uneeknitter
    Options
    Wooohoo! More people!
  • sayloregal
    Options
    Nice Job! Be sure to let the group know where you need support.
  • kc0kiu
    kc0kiu Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello, I live in Frederick. I am looking for some local help/support to be sure! My plan for the summer is to climb Twin Sisters in RMNP in August. I have 2 kids 10 boy and 13 girl, and a fabulous hubby who love me for who I am. (Why he is still there after 20 yrs) I love hiking and biking. I will be riding most of my days off to get in better shape. I work 3 12hr shifts per week. Various days.
    Thanks for starting this group and looking forward to the support!
  • Uneeknitter
    Options
    Very nice to have you on board kc0kiu!
  • t2kburl
    t2kburl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I live in Wellington and work @ CSU.
    Looking for hiking buddies who won't whine about how slow I am LOL
  • echeindl
    echeindl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Anyone wanna get together and workout? Maybe make it a weekly thing and do something different each week...?
  • mindil123
    mindil123 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, my name is Mindi and I also live in Johnstown, CO. I am BRAND new to myfitnesspal - a friend at work recommended it and it seems to have a lot to offer. I am hoping to find friends to walk with now and then either in the evenings or on the weekends as it really is a lot more fun to exercise with someone else. I have joined a gym before and will be joining again to workout occasionally in the mornings but I get bored easily on a treadmill and don't think I am at a fitness level to really handle some of the classes that interest me...someday :-)
  • iWILLbeFit062012
    iWILLbeFit062012 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wow! Johnstown is such a small town I'm surprised to see people other than myself on this site. Yep, that's right, I'm from Johnstown as well. My name is Rainee and I just joined MFP over the weekend. Love this site!
  • t2kburl
    t2kburl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'd go for an occasional MFP NoCO group hike in the mountains somewhere. Great calorie burners!
  • ajwings
    ajwings Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, my name is Angel and I live in northern Fort Collins. I too am tired of the roller coaster of weight gain/loss. I'm going to lose this 40 pounds in a healthy way and for good.
  • courage2ukls
    courage2ukls Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Karen. I live in Fort Collins and am looking for support thru the menopause part of my life and weightloss journey, i have lost a lot of weight and regained most of it. At my heaviest I was 230 lbs and at only 5'1", thats really hard on my body. I am now 50 lbs less, but going thru menopause is really messing with lots of things. my emotions are all over the place, i cant seem to get a handle on my weight loss or gain and being single doesnt help much either.

I sure hope to make some new friends who understand the struggle.

hugs for the journey,
    Karen
  • MousieP
    Options
    Hi I am Margaret, I live in Fort Collins. I am new to MFP and I need to loose 30lb. I have roped my 15 yr old daughter to help in my weight loss - she drags me on walks and makes me do ab work :happy: