Replies

• dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    Not that I would know about it! * WINK * :wink: :wink:
    :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
    You're such a dork "BFF"..
    Fhshshs
    Dork!? :cry: Thanks to you, I have been stripped of my self confidence as quickly as Yesterday I was stripped of my clothes by a horde of women dazzled by my manly presence.

The night was short.

So you still have all your self confidence then?
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Jessica although I get called Jennifer a lot :grumble:
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Hello single peeps, my name is Sheila
  • hcoburn37
    hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Heather
  • Neigh2012
    Neigh2012 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Naomi
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    My name is Florian... Nobody here pronounces the "ian" bit right :grumble:

Is it pronounced differently than it looks?
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Yeah, because it's a French name so "an" is pronounced as a single voyel, and you should say something along the lines of "Florion" without saying the "n" in the end.
    If I'm honest, I let people pronounce it the way they want though (would be too complicated otherwise! :laugh: ).
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Yeah, because it's a French name so "an" is pronounced as a single voyel, and you should say something along the lines of "Florion" without saying the "n" in the end.
    If I'm honest, I let people pronounce it the way they want though (would be too complicated otherwise! :laugh: ).

May I pronounce it "Bob?" :happy:

Just kidding, it's a lovely name. Reminds me of the French and Mighty comment on another thread, which I thought you should leave in btw. (apologies for cross thread conversation!)
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options

Ooooh I see! French was one of my required languages in college (for my major), and it was my second favorite, after Russian. "Bonus points" if anyone knows the connection between the two :laugh:
  • GabeRami
    GabeRami Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Juan, Hi everyone!
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    My name is Ashleeeey without all the extra e's. :)

I'm from Little Rock, AR but I live in Biloxi, MS.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    May I pronounce it "Bob?" :happy:
    Just kidding, it's a lovely name. Reminds me of the French and Mighty comment on another thread, which I thought you should leave in btw. (apologies for cross thread conversation!)
    It now says: "I'm French, mighty and modest!" which I think is funnier. Not that I've had any success with that line anyway (or my entire profile).
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    My real name is Jaclyn Miguela but funny thing is many people can't even pronounce or spell it correctly especially the JACLYN part although I do understand that we don't pronounce the letter "J" like non-Spanish speakers do. Many times I've been hearing my names like Xakelin or Yakelin. Anyway I prefer to be called Jackie instead.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Nathaniel, but only ever get called that when I was in trouble or from girlfriends, also usually in trouble :p
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    jill... it means 'humble' or down to earth...