Hi Sleever's

Options
13»

Replies

• lisalady1
    lisalady1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had my sleeve done August 21 with Dr. Northup in Cincinnati. It's been great so far. Very little pain. Started pureed food on 3rd day after surgery. The hardest thing is figure out what to do with all the little containers of leftovers. My sister got me a baby bullet to help process food. Its wonderful.
    The reason for doing the surgery was because of diabetes. I was on novalog and lantus, metformin and glimeperide before surgery. I received 2 units of insulin right after surgery and have had nothing for diabetes since.
  • Willthemedic
    Willthemedic Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have taken care of all my insurance requirements and now waiting for approval. I am extremley excited about this and look forward to this journey. Please add me as a friend. I am looking to find more about the sleeve from real people.
  • myblueyez28
    Options
    Hi Sleever's! I was sleeved 12.13.11! I am 9 months and 1 week. I have lost 104 pds and over 103 inches. About 3 weeks ago I fractured my foot in 2 places so I joined MFP to make sure I am tracking everything! Can never have too much support! I look forward to hearing about yall's journey :-)
  • vmudgett
    vmudgett Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    @pwbarton: What shake do you use that you like? I have tried so many of them and don't like most of them. The only one I like so far is Boost or Syntrax peach, which is not really a shake...
  • twinmoonette
    twinmoonette Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hello
  • mum_of_one
    Options
    Hi twinmoonette :)
  • pwbarton1
    pwbarton1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I switched around among the shakes. and have settled on Unjury and Pure Protein. Generally for 5 meals during the week. What I have found works very well for me are the Isopure protein drinks. They are counted as water, have a lot of flavors and are not shakes that can get wearing after a while. Unjury unflavored powder can get you the protein you need mixed in with other foods. I mix a scoop in my morning oatmeal or other cold cereal and have even mixed it in with sugar free hot cocoa. I also keep a few Ensure high protein shakes areound at work for those days you just need something and stay away from the vending machines.

I find that I have been planning my day much better since surgery and have been really reading labels but still have problems some days with darn tasty carbs. A bread lover, I now plan a slice of seeded rye bread in to accomodate the urges.
  • libbyd63
    libbyd63 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was sleeved 12/10/2012 and have lost 26 pds!... I am currently still on full liquid but will start soft food on 1/1/2013! Cant wait to have an egg (lol). But the shakes I like are Pure Protein, Isopure and Muscle Milk (100 cal)... I also use the unflavored protein powder in my water, helps give me 20 to 30 gram in a day. Love to hear what everyone started eating in the soft food stage...
  • DonnaLRB
    DonnaLRB Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi Libby, My first soft food was an over easy egg at 1 week post op, and I had to go nap for 3 hours because I was so full! :yawn:

GREAT job on your weight loss! I was sleeved on October 10, and I feel wonderful! I'm starting nursing school on January 14, and I'm a little concerned about getting proper nutrition and exercise, but I'll just have to work it out. I LOVE my sleeve, and my husband is having his done soon, too. He can't wait!