Welcome!

Options
nibbynoo
nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
Hi!

hopefully we can get a few members and have a really great support network on here

to get us all acquainted tell us your name, biggest temptation and how you avoid it

I'm Nikki and Mine is Ben and jerry's ice cream and I tell myself "this is why you are fat! man up!"

Replies

• XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Zara. My weakness is crisps. I tell myself why choose failure when sucess is an option. Potato chips to some of you lol. Last few days my theory isn't working. Told the partner to put the crisps in his car boot or not buy anymore once these have gone. He hasn't put them in the boot yet though. Grrr. Find just not buying them in is the only answer for me. X
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Hello im Randa..

I love carbs, i love wine.... this is why im overweight. i want to lose 2 stone and i have zero motivation.

HELP :flowerforyou:
  • mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    hi im claire and my biggest weakness is chocolate. to avoid it i buy weight watchers chocolate biscuits and desserts or if i feel the need for ''proper'' chocolate i have some maltesers. obviously i fall off the wagon now and again but i really hope this group will keep me focused!!

thank you!! :flowerforyou:
  • kelley663
    kelley663 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi All , My name is Kelley , my biggest comfort food is mac n cheese , the homemade kind , like my mom used to make , with real cheese and butter , yumm and homemade scalloped potatoes with diced up spam in it , just like mom's. Hmmm.... think I have uncovered an issue here. LOL.
  • Tortoisegirl7
    Tortoisegirl7 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Kim. My biggest weakness is biscuits! I either just don't buy them so there not in the house and I won't be tempted to eat the whole packet. Although at the moment Im getting better at having just one biscuit as a treat. (Its hard but Im getting there) I buy lower calorie ones so if I do happen to eat a few more than I should it's not such a big hit
    Im really glad to join this group :smile:
  • twogirlsmama
    twogirlsmama Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Heather. My biggest downfall is sweets. We are implementing healthier choices in our home. But sometimes the kids get something sweet like Double Stuffed Oreo's and I end up eating more than them. I want to stop, but think I have some underlying issues to deal with. I hope this helps to keep me more accountable.
  • emmamcc1981
    emmamcc1981 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i am so IN. gained 4lbs this week from comfort bingeing. this needs to change.

EDIT: my biggest downfall is anything that is edible. seriously i will eat anything. like a goat.

i mean i eat like a goat not that i would eat a goat. *ponders if goat tastes good....*
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Hi its zara again. For those struggling with chocolate I dot know if this will help but ill put it out there. I used to have a bit of chocolate every day at the end of the day. Couldn't live without it. I decided I had to STOP eating it. This was incredibly hard at first, but eventually it got easier and now I never crave it. Maybe have it once a month now, but its enough for me. I find it so sweet now. Maybe I need to apply the same principle with crisps\potato chips. I've been finding the paul mckenna hypnosis cds good. Got them off ebay! Zara xxx
  • kjerstenkipp
    kjerstenkipp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE carbs...and I have a very sweet tooth...sigh...
  • jaquwa
    jaquwa Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Jaqui and my biggest temptation is sweet food and portion size!

But I want to be healthy and also can't afford to keep buying clothes in bigger sizes!! I have whole wardrobes of clothes in size 12, 14, 16 and 18, and by the end of the year I want to be back in the 12/14 size!

This site helps me be accountable and its amazing!
  • jaquwa
    jaquwa Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    i am so IN. gained 4lbs this week from comfort bingeing. this needs to change.

EDIT: my biggest downfall is anything that is edible. seriously i will eat anything. like a goat.

i mean i eat like a goat not that i would eat a goat. *ponders if goat tastes good....*

I had goat the other week, it does taste good!!
  • kjerstenkipp
    kjerstenkipp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you...sometimes you just get a taste for something. BTW, curried goat is actually quite tasty but not readily available so you should be safe.
  • BeeSunny
    BeeSunny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Brenda and my addiction is "sweets" ice cream, candy, dark chocolate, etc. I can not control myself when I indulge them. Talk therapy helps, distractions help, but never enough when I am in need of a 'feed' very little helps. Thank you for starting this group it is a positive step to helping ourselves and others.:flowerforyou:
  • ValerieMcGaha
    ValerieMcGaha Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Valerie. My weakness is food and/or maybe wine. I have many different types of food that are a struggle for me but it is mostly in the evening that I have issues with. I don't know if I am just tired, don't want the day to end and don't want to go to bed or what. The last couple of hours before I go to bed (which has been very late at night) I have a glass of wine, and then I start eating either peanuts in the shell, sunflower seeds, cheezits, popcorn, cashews, candy, pretzels or whatever I can get my hands on. I only have two, maybe three glasses of wine per night. I am 44 years old and didn't start drinking until I was 40, mainly to help me to relax in the evenings, and de-stress from some prodigal son issues at the time. I probably need to quit drinking the wine and see what happens, but honestly I don't want to. The thought of that makes me think that I will never have another drink ever again. I know this sounds like an addict or alcoholic, but I really don't think that is what the problem is. Now I sound like I am in denial, huh? Anyway, another thing I try to do at least with cashews is to not buy them or bring them in the house. If I buy a can of them, I end up eating at least half of the can in one sitting. Part of the reason I started using my fitness pal in the first place was to get a grip on my nighttime binge eating. It seemed to work for a few weeks, but the last couple of weeks it has gotten out of control again.
  • Zsquared
    Zsquared Posts: 54
    Options
    I'm Lizz, and when it's for "comfort" I'll eat almost anything I can find, not that anything usually satisfies me at that point. :/ I'm fairly new to MFP (3 weeks in) and trying to recognize my patterns in order to overcome them. Good to meet you all!
  • mrsg0826
    mrsg0826 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm Carol & I love to snack, cookies, chips, candy bars...pretty much anything. I have started today & I am determined to lose at least most of the weight that I have put on in the last 13 years. So far so good. I have made sure to stay away from the snack temptations & just exercise if I feel the need to eat something.
  • Lainn
    Lainn Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am Sarah (despite what my user name says :wink: )

My biggest temptation is potato chips. I cannot have them in the house. No lie.

I also used to be a chocoholic, but since becoming preggers I cannot stand the stuff.....so there is that.

But in truth....I just love to eat. And if its comfort food all the better. There are days when I find that evil voice saying "Who cares if you are fat? Just eat and be happy." I am trying to smother that voice, but it probably isn't a good idea to smother it in gravy huh?
  • kellyjervis
    Options
    Hello I'm Kelly :) Usually it's chocholate or something sweet but I can be "comforted" by anything I find in the cupboards....
  • mrselanco2268
    mrselanco2268 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. It's great to meet you all here. My name is Latosha and I struggle with eating anything from carbs to drinking high calorie sugary beverages like sodas. I just started tracking here on MFP and I look forward to taking this journey with you all. :happy:
  • Orkydd
    Orkydd Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Holly and my biggest weakness is bread. My parents had to hide Shepherders bread from me because I would keep eating it if I knew where it was. I realized only a couple of months ago that my vice is food. I realized that when I was looking at pictures of my best friends moving away party and in every picture I had a new plate of food. I never understood. I also have a bad sweet tooth and yesterday I gave into temptation and had a slice of red velvet birthday cake and it made me feel terrible all day. I'm glad this group is here and I hope to give as well as receive support when I feel temptation once again. I wish you all the best of luck on your weight loss journey.