How Is Everyone Doing?

Options
DoreenDC
DoreenDC Posts: 17 Member
Just checking in, the weekend is upon us and looksing track of logging in and diet most importantly can get the bettter of us, I've been guilty of it myself, it's a challenge.....but I back myself up! :) I keep a journal with me in my bag at all times and I write in what I eat throughout each day as well....I log in when at work, or on the shuttle coming into work :) but when I can't, it's just quicker to pull out my journal and make my additions.....

I think it's important to keep track of your mood each day as well and note your energy level....I use the notes session occassionaly to do this....it helps me keep track, because you should always remember that FOOD does impact your mood significantly....and of course your energy level.....so by keep tracking you can look back and if you're feeling tired one day or sluggish another, sometims we can pin point it down to a simple food we had that day....or if you feel bloated, or your stomach was bothering you.....note all of it....

:)

Have a great weekend!!!!!
VIVO!!!!! LIVE LIVE LIVE!!!!
:)

Replies

• Chiquitaboric7
    Chiquitaboric7 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I saw one of your earlier posts about balance being key. I work out pretty much 7 days a week but by working out I only mean cardio. Curves gym is where I get my weight training. The machines there use hydraulic resistance. I used to weight 285 (max weight I reached) and now I am 217 the bulk of which I have lost the past five months by counting calories and exercising.

I have been losing enough weight lately that I can see the difference/results but I need help turning the flab into mucle. I don't want to lift or do too much because I just want to be firm and look lean. I do not want to have bulging mucles. I mostly do cardio. My regimen in walk at least 3+ miles a day, swim occasionally, dance (at clubs but only dance, no drinking) latin music 2-4 times a week, and go to curves gym 2-4 times a week. I may also buy a bike and start bike riding again. Curves has definitely helped shape me and also give me strength. I do not like the typical gym so Curves has been the best in keeping me going to a gym environment. Anything I can do at home or on my own to down and build muscle? I would love to work wth a personal trainer to focus on my problem areas but can't afford one so I really need advice?

FYI:
    Thighs are toning just fine. Easiest area so far.
    Calves are thick and would like to slim that down because they are looking muscled but don't want them to stay thick.
    Lower arms are not an issue but upper arms are flabby
    Main problem areas are the upper arms, glutes, upper back (under the should blade) and stomach (all over. Abs, stomach and lower stomach paunch)
  • brockheather03
    brockheather03 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I need to learn how to maintain my weight once I get back down (again) :( to where I want to be. This week I have worked really hard and I did manage to loose 5 ponds but I have 17 pounds to go... I was at my goal weight last year but it was like I lost interest in all that I had been doing and gained quite a bit back (seems like thats has been my story for years)
    I exercise now about 35 to 40 minutes 5 to 6 days a week and again trying to stay at 1200 calories per day....
    Any suggestions on how to maintain weight?? Thanks in Advance Everyone! :)