If you had 20k

Options
2»

Replies

• JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Does the wedding come with a man to wed? lol. If so, I'd choose that one.

good one!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    house
  • whitetiger011680
    whitetiger011680 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    If those were my only two options then definitely a house. Why would anyone spend that much money just so a buch of people can watch you say "I do" ? CRAZY!

But if I had unlimited options....OMG that would be a long list lol.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    House.
    I knew people who spent 20k on their wedding...ridiculous! It is ONE day of your life.
  • KemahSunshine
    Options
    Why not both? lol.... A small amount for the wedding /honeymoon & the rest on the House!!!! :blushing:
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I already own a house and can't imagine spending 20K on a wedding. I'm pretty frugal and if a future wife wanted something that elaborate I suspect the money would be better spent at a blackjack table in Vegas. The odds of success are better.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    FML can I buy a boat?????????
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    IF I ever got married again I wouldn't want such an elaborate wedding again unless my future mate did.
    At the same time, I wouldn't want another house again either. At least not in the beginning.

So neither.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I would use the 20k so I could sell my house. Worse mistake I ever made was buying one. I am an apartment girl. I love being able to leave at any time with out having a huge debt to pay.
  • melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    Options
    Neither... I would pay off my school loan debt first.

But I have an acquaintance who spent $25K on a wedding and they were divorced within 6 months... it's just not worth it to me.

I rather elope...
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    House.. with out a doubt. Weddings are a waste of $$$.
    Essentially they are about the two people and the vows. All the other stuff is BS.
    A house can be a much better investment.

Elope on a beach somewhere... come back and have a cookout as the reception.
    IF or when I get married... thats what I am voting for.
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    House, if you spend it on a wedding doesn't mean she will stay. kevin federline says it best, "You don't need a marriage certificate to say you're in love with someone." She can be gone tomorrow.

If you have a down payment on a house, that is a better option for you in the long run, with her or with out her.

I had to do a double take on this comment; I have never seen anyone sincerely quote Kevin Federline to support their statement before

LMAO :laugh:

With just those 2 options -- def. house. I've never understood why people pay so much money on a wedding. If your friends want to party they can go to a club.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Neither. I own my house and will never pay for another wedding (if I ever get married again). I'd save it for my retirement. Yes - I guess I'm THAT old compared to you :)
  • Neigh2012
    Neigh2012 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Only those two options? Definitely house.
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Neither, actually. I already have a house and 20k equity in it. and I'm not interested in spending thousands and thousands on a wedding, a single day of my life. I'd rather go on an extended vacation(s) with my significant other and see the world - macchu picchu, italy, australia, african safari, new zealand, spain, scotland, germany, greece - all on my list of places to go/see. All that would take more than 20k, I'm sure, but I'd get quite a few of those checked off, and I think the memories with my significant other created from such a trip would far outweigh a stressed out wedding day where everything is expected to be perfect/etc.