Ex husband is having another baby

Options
catherine4211
catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
Ok....my daughter just told me. He's married so it's not like it's a bad thing but I just really feel like total ****. He's already married and having a baby and I can't even go on a date?! It's a tough pill to swallow.

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Your time will come babe. Dont despair. You will move on and find the love of your life. He's out there just waiting for you :love:
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Ok....my daughter just told me. He's married so it's not like it's a bad thing but I just really feel like total ****. He's already married and having a baby and I can't even go on a date?! It's a tough pill to swallow.

it's ok...there's something better out there for you...after all, you don't really wanna be her...

I know how you feel... it really hit me hard when my ex got engaged to a girl who 15 years younger (still in college).even though my friend who does therapy told me after my divorce to be prepared for my ex to remarry far faster than me, that he is dependent and will quickly find a woman to take care of him.

It just hurts when they hurt you and still end up with what you want. But you will get through this...:flowerforyou:
  • catherine4211
    Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Things like that can make a person feel like dung. That's normal.

If your ex husband were to get divorced again, there would be at least a small part of you that would feel good, maybe a sense of relief. Even the most nonchalant person would feel that. And there's probably a decent chance that will happen.
  • catherine4211
    Options
    Things like that can make a person feel like dung. That's normal.

If your ex husband were to get divorced again, there would be at least a small part of you that would feel good, maybe a sense of relief. Even the most nonchalant person would feel that. And there's probably a decent chance that will happen.

I love how you think - thank you!!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    All the more reason to be glad you're single. Most people don't let enough time pass to heal and grow. As a result, they bring unhealthy things into the next relationship. When you can hear about something he's done (good or bad) without getting an emotional response, then you're ready to start something really good with someone else.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Most people don't let enough time pass to heal and grow.

True, but there's a reason for this. Being single sucks compared to being a good or even adequate relationship. It's only being in a bad relationship that is worse than singledom. There are also a lot of people who are not good at being single.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Being single sucks compared to being a good or even adequate relationship.

Being single is way better than an "adequate" relationship.
  • SaintOnEarth
    Options
    Don't be down about it.. your time will come with due time. Everything happens for a reason, whether you believe it or not. Just trust that things will fall into place for you :D
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    All the more reason to be glad you're single. Most people don't let enough time pass to heal and grow. As a result, they bring unhealthy things into the next relationship. When you can hear about something he's done (good or bad) without getting an emotional response, then you're ready to start something really good with someone else.

^^^ So true!!

You just need some time to let this new idea sink in and you'll feel better about yourself soon enough!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options

This is it!
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I was destroyed when my ex moved on within 2 months of the divorce.
    That was over a year ago and I find that I am so much happier then I have ever been because I took the time to heal and to discover who I was and what I wanted out of life.
    I'm not in a relationship now, simply because I really am busy living my life instead of taking care of someone else (which is what my previous relationship consisted of).

Having taken the time to heal and to grow into myself, I know now that when I meet someone that I will be able to be a healthy part of a relationship instead of the mess I was before.

As hard as it is to deal with the pain of knowing he has moved away from your relationship so quickly, you also need to take into account that we all deal with and move on from things at different paces. Much like weight loss, there is no quick fix that will be lasting. And what you may want now and what you need could be two totally different things.

I have not had many relationships, but from what I have experienced, I would rather wait for that relationship that tilts my world than to rush into dating someone mediocore because that is about as fulfilling a life as living off of salad greens the rest of your days. :flowerforyou:
  • catherine4211
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I feel better.