Welcome, Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Options
Punkicoleman
Punkicoleman Posts: 78 Member
I notice we are gaining more members, and that make me really happy.

Please introduce yourself and tell us a little about your journey.

We are delighted to have you with us.

Replies

• daisydarling
    daisydarling Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am Daisydarling from the U.P. of Michigan. I started mfpal in the last part of December. I joined because of my brother. I hope I can be of some help to some on mfp. I am a retired school custodian of our local high school for 13 yrs so far.My husband is also retired and a few yrs older then me. He is in good health though.
    Daisydarling
  • jakenfred
    Options
    Hi! I am Cheryl, and I live in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia!! My goal is to lose 15 lbs in 2 months. I usually weigh about 145 lbs, but right now I am around 165. I guess I still look pretty good, but i feel unhealthy and bulky when I get over 150. My goals are to get fit, not get thin. Another tidbit of info is that I don't eat red meat, and I really prefer not to eat poultry unless I have to. My biggest challenge right now is laziness!!! And, I have the bad habit of not eating much in the morning and afternoon but stuffing my face in the evening. Yikes! Anyway, good luck to us all.
  • ginnylee74
    ginnylee74 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Welcome Cheryl. This is a very friendly sight. I hope you do well on your weight loss journey with MFP.

Ginny:flowerforyou:
  • Punkicoleman
    Options
    Welcome, welcome to all.

Cheryl, I don't eat much read meat either. For instance, I have never in my life have a steak, prime rib, lamb or a pork chop. For some odd reason, however, I do love very, very crisp bacon, very good quality pastrami, and beef jerky. I don't remember the last time I had been jerky, but I do from time to time have bacon and pastrami. I will eat chicken white meat, but it is not my favorite. Mostly I have white fish and crab and salmon if my husband cooks it--he is the world's best when it comes to fish preparation.

I am eating now on a a low-carb program and that seems to work for my body. I don't get hungry or tempted and am perfectly satisfied all of the time. One of my greatest aids is that I always have a batch of kale chips on hand when I am at home. They are so satifying and remove any urge I might have for a salty/crispy treat.

We are all lazy, but once you get into the habit of exercise, it becomes quite fun. I am curently doing a serious of floor exercise when I awaken as my dues to win my coffee. :tongue: I have to do as many push-ups as I can (at least 20), 50 crunches and 30 side leg lifts on each side before I can have coffee. Then, after breakfast I spend 45-60 minutes at Curves, working out and stretching. We also dance a couple of times a week and it is very important to me to lose weight so my feet don't hurt and I look good in my gowns. My husband is very tall, slim and fit and it is not fair t him to be forced to dance with a fat little butterball with sore feet.

At the moment, however, we are in Switzerland so my DH can ski the Eiger for his 70th birthday, so I am not going to the gym. Walking up and down the hills here in Wengen is givign me plenty of exercise. When we get back home, it is my full intent to add more walking into our fitness program. Oh yes, that is another point. If you have a partner it is important to get them involved in exercise as well. It is so much more fun to do it together. If you don't have a partner, getting involved in group exercise might be a great way to find one.
  • kehrerbear
    kehrerbear Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Marlene. I am 62 years old and am still teaching school full time!! I have struggled with weight problems most of my life. I hope to FINALLY retire in a couple of years, and hope that my husband and I can travel, and spend more time with our grandsons, ages 12, 3 and 2. MFP is a very easy tool to use, and I have enjoyed using it to keep track of my food, exercise and weigh ins. My sister is also using it, so we are working together to try to lose some weight together.
    It's nice to know that there are others in my age group who are working toward the same goal. Wishing you good luck and healthy living!
  • ginnylee74
    Options
    Welcome Marlene,

We are a friendly and outgoing group. We try to keep up with encouraging everyone. If you have questions or just feel like telling about your daily successes or frustrations feel free. No judgements here. Just encouragement.

Discussions are always welcome.

Have a healthy day.

Ginny
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Welcome Marlene. Ginny put it just right. Hope we can help each other on the journey. :flowerforyou:
  • Punkicoleman
    Options
    It looks like we have more new members. Welcome and all the best in your journey.

I am so excited to be down another pound this morning. That is 23 total. YEAH! We leave for our cruise in two days and I plan to weigh in every morning on the ship. If I stay the same or go down, I am going to allow myself a piece of pizza. I love Princess Pizza. If not, I will stary on the straight and narrow, but will have wine with dinner no matter what.

There are so many opportunities for exercise on the ship--stretch classes, line dance classes, Zumba, ball room dance classes, aerobics classes, and dancing every night for hours--that I think I should be able to maintain, even with drinking wine. The rest of my diet should be pretty easy to follow as I can always get hard-boiled eggs, salad, cottage cheese, veggies, and grilled chicken or fish, which is about all I have been eating since January anyway.
  • ginnylee74
    Options
    The trip sounds exciting.:bigsmile: Punki, I'm so proud of you. As you can be of yourself.:drinker: You have commitments that you have followed through on and your successes are inspirational. Congratulations on your weight loss.:drinker: Dresses are going to fit and be lovely on you.:heart: I can just picture you dancing the night away.:wink: Have fun my friend. Enjoy every minute. Keep us posted.

• debjae
    debjae Posts: 242
    Options
    Hi I am Deb from Minnesota. My sister and nephew use MFP and introduced me to the site.
  • Semperfione
    Options
    Hi Deb, welcome! It is always nice to see a new person here. I have been on here for some time now, and it works. I wish you all the success you hope for. You can do it. I am glad you have family on here as well as it will help you and them even more. Would love to hear your success story that will be coming I am sure, pretty soon.

Rob
  • steppingstones
    Options
    Welcome aboard Deb,

Good luck on your journey. You will find good resources on this site and lots of supportive friends. :flowerforyou:
  • debjae
    Options
    Ok tell me about these Kale chips.
  • ginnylee74
    Options
    Welcome Deb,

We love to have new people. We all face the same challenges. Glad to have you aboard. I don't know about the Kale Chips but I think Debbylee does. You might ask her.

Did you see our 3 pound challenge for the month of September? :drinker: Join us if you think you might be interested.

• steppingstones
    Options
    Ok tell me about these Kale chips.
    [/

Hi,

Look further down on this group site there is a recipe for kale chips. :smile:
  • debjae
    Options
    Thanks
  • smackadoodle
    smackadoodle Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Welcome, welcome to all.

Cheryl, I don't eat much read meat either. For instance, I have never in my life have a steak, prime rib, lamb or a pork chop. For some odd reason, however, I do love very, very crisp bacon, very good quality pastrami, and beef jerky. I don't remember the last time I had been jerky, but I do from time to time have bacon and pastrami. I will eat chicken white meat, but it is not my favorite. Mostly I have white fish and crab and salmon if my husband cooks it--he is the world's best when it comes to fish preparation.

I am eating now on a a low-carb program and that seems to work for my body. I don't get hungry or tempted and am perfectly satisfied all of the time. One of my greatest aids is that I always have a batch of kale chips on hand when I am at home. They are so satifying and remove any urge I might have for a salty/crispy treat.

We are all lazy, but once you get into the habit of exercise, it becomes quite fun. I am curently doing a serious of floor exercise when I awaken as my dues to win my coffee. :tongue: I have to do as many push-ups as I can (at least 20), 50 crunches and 30 side leg lifts on each side before I can have coffee. Then, after breakfast I spend 45-60 minutes at Curves, working out and stretching. We also dance a couple of times a week and it is very important to me to lose weight so my feet don't hurt and I look good in my gowns. My husband is very tall, slim and fit and it is not fair t him to be forced to dance with a fat little butterball with sore feet.

At the moment, however, we are in Switzerland so my DH can ski the Eiger for his 70th birthday, so I am not going to the gym. Walking up and down the hills here in Wengen is givign me plenty of exercise. When we get back home, it is my full intent to add more walking into our fitness program. Oh yes, that is another point. If you have a partner it is important to get them involved in exercise as well. It is so much more fun to do it together. If you don't have a partner, getting involved in group exercise might be a great way to find one.
  • smackadoodle
    Options
    I thought of you Punky as I watched the David Letterman Show last night. He was talking about Kale chips. He likes them but of course made me laugh before he got to that part. Switzerland!! Have fun!!
  • smackadoodle
    Options
    Welcome everyone new!!! If you want more support, befriend me and others on the site ... its nice to know what we are all up to. The people here are wonderful. Supportive, motivating and fitness pals!!!!:laugh:
  • janetlpl33
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm in Ann Arbor, Michigan. (Go Blue) I need two surgeries on my back but spine doc wants me to lose more weight. I lost 30 lbs a few years ago but with both my back and legs (degenerative neuropathy) getting slowly worse, I am having a hard time of it esp with the exercise part. He suggested this site so here I go.............