Hello & Welcome!

I must admit.... I havent looked on here for quite some time. It is so very nice to meet everyone!!! Im looking forward to getting to know each of you and hopefully gleening some great ideas or advice along the way!!!

To help us get to know eachother... How about we start with....

1. Our names
2. Number of children, their sex & ages
3. Our current living situation & that of our children
4. How long you have been a single parent
5. How long you have had an empty nest
4. Any topic or prayer requests you may have regarding your children or being a single parent - empty nester

I will start...

1. Im Sally
2. I have 3 children: A Daughter (23), A Son (19) & Another Daughter (18)
3. Im currently living with my parents to help them out... Mom has multiple medical illnesses & is chairbound & Dad has had a quadruple bypass and a knee preplacment surgery in the past 6 mos. My eldest daughter just moved home (temporarily) as she was living in another town an hour away. Once she gets a new job she will be back out on her own again. My son lives in Ohio with his GF and they are expecting a baby in September. They do not have a good relationship and he calls me at least once a week saying he is coming home & needs a place to stay... sigh... My youngest daughter is living with her BF about 20 min away. Not the way I want things to be.... but, they kinda do their own thing once they reach adulthood.... so, I pray for them & love them & make myself available to them as they need me.
4. Ive been a single parent for 16 yrs
5. I was an empty nester for about 4 months before the eldest came home... lol
6. I have discovered that parenting is a continual process... love in action... and it is often longsuffering! Please pray that I would have the wisdom to speak words of life into my children when they seek guidance and that they will become self sufficient, respectable, productive members of society and most of all that they would return to their Christian roots. THANKS!!!

Replies

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    1. I am Laurie
    2. I have two daughters 21 and 22 years of age
    3. My youngest daughter is living with me as she finishes college and my eldest daughter graduated college in wv and remained living there
    4. I have been a single parent their entire life. He (husband father) left early on and then died
    5. I have been battleing the empty nest syndrome since my eldest left 4-5 years ago and our family changed.
    I ask for healing for me and my children for injustices we have suffered in our lives, how it effected us emotionally and financially.
    I must admit.... I havent looked on here for quite some time. It is so very nice to meet everyone!!! Im looking forward to getting to know each of you and hopefully gleening some great ideas or advice along the way!!!

To help us get to know eachother... How about we start with....

1. Our names
    2. Number of children, their sex & ages
    3. Our current living situation & that of our children
    4. How long you have been a single parent
    5. How long you have had an empty nest
    4. Any topic or prayer requests you may have regarding your children or being a single parent - empty nester

I will start...

1. Im Sally
    2. I have 3 children: A Daughter (23), A Son (19) & Another Daughter (18)
    3. Im currently living with my parents to help them out... Mom has multiple medical illnesses & is chairbound & Dad has had a quadruple bypass and a knee preplacment surgery in the past 6 mos. My eldest daughter just moved home (temporarily) as she was living in another town an hour away. Once she gets a new job she will be back out on her own again. My son lives in Ohio with his GF and they are expecting a baby in September. They do not have a good relationship and he calls me at least once a week saying he is coming home & needs a place to stay... sigh... My youngest daughter is living with her BF about 20 min away. Not the way I want things to be.... but, they kinda do their own thing once they reach adulthood.... so, I pray for them & love them & make myself available to them as they need me.
    4. Ive been a single parent for 16 yrs
    5. I was an empty nester for about 4 months before the eldest came home... lol
    6. I have discovered that parenting is a continual process... love in action... and it is often longsuffering! Please pray that I would have the wisdom to speak words of life into my children when they seek guidance and that they will become self sufficient, respectable, productive members of society and most of all that they would return to their Christian roots. THANKS!!!