March Challenge! 3/18-3/24

Options
Okay ladies we are half way through the month! How do you feel this month is going so far?

I had a slow start but I really feel I am on a roll now! Yesterday I even got in an extra walk with the family. :happy:

Replies

• K_Pow
    K_Pow Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Can't believe we are halfway through March already. I was out of commission a couple of days last week but I hope this week to be better.

Saturday - 40 min run outside
    Sunday - 75 min spin class

Let's get moving ladies :)
  • MeAfter30
    MeAfter30 Posts: 129
    Options
    Great job Kpower, I eventually want to join a spin class too.... but that will be awhile for me.

Today I did great, I stayed on calories and I also went for a one mile walk in the morning and then a two mile walk this evening! :)
  • Handbanana06
    Handbanana06 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sunday 3/18

C25k-36 minutes

Monday 3/19

Running - 25 minute
    Walking 20 minute
    Fire 45EZ-45 Minutes
    Total 90 minutes
  • Shelly_gurl79
    Shelly_gurl79 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Last week only made it to the gym twice feeling too much spring fever I guess. Fri and Sat turned into a wash on Eating. Sunday was much better!! Looking forward to this week made it to the gym this morning and feel great!!
  • MeAfter30
    Options
    Handbananna~ How are you liking the C25k program? I like the idea of trying it, but with my bad knees (family trait two aunts have had to have surgery and my mom needs too but refuses) I don't think taking up running would be a good idea. I'm focusing on building up my walking endurance instead.

Momolynn (Michelle!) ~ So glad to see you join us! We have a great little group going here and it has really helped me to stay focused, especially just starting out. I know what you mean about feeling so great after a workout, it is literally like high for me, I feel so good.

Today is going to be a rest day for me. I am sore, and my hip is starting to hurt a bit. It doesn't like all this new movement! Haha it had better get with the program! :) ... hopefully a long soak in the hot tub will help. Can't hurt.
  • Handbanana06
    Options
    I have a family history of bad knees too and they were sore when I was doing Insanity, so I started taking osteo bi flex and fish oil, they don't bother me much anymore. I have heard that running properly can strengthen the knees so that what I am hoping for! Anyways I love the program, it starts out nice and easy with 0n 60 seconds of running at a time and slowly builds up, week 2 is 90 seconds so it is really gradual. I am on week 7 and I am running 25 minutes at a time now and when I first started I had a hard time running for a minute! I love the program i don't think I could have gotten to this point on my own! I am signed up for 3 5ks this year!
  • MeAfter30
    Options
    I have never thought to take something to try and help my knee's, thanks for that tip/suggestion! I will give it a try too... though my sister took fish oil pills once and all she complained about was burping up fish taste, yuck and I HATE fish. Leary of trying that! LOL!

I doubt I could run 30 seconds, LOL! But maybe I will keep an open mind to trying it again in the future. You have inspired me!! :)
  • K_Pow
    Options
    Monday - Rest day
    Tuesday - 35 min walk on my lunch at work

I'm loving this awesome weather in Ontario...+17 degrees right now so I'm definitely taking advantage and getting moving during my lunch :)

Still working on the 30 Day Shred...had to take a few days off but getting back at it tomorrow...just a few days left to level 2 and then onto level 3 :)

Good luck with your knee problems MeAfter30...as long as you are moving you are doing your body good. I love running but its not for everyone.
  • MeAfter30
    Options
    Thanks Kpower! I live in Wisconsin and we are having such crazy warm weather too I LOVE IT! We have certainly taken advantage of it by getting out with the kids and walking more.

Today I walked 1.5 miles with the kids and then did the Walk Away the Pounds DVD the one mile. I had no energy to do anything this evening so I feel pretty proud of myself for at least getting in the WATP DVD in. :)
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I feel like this is a month of ups and downs. I have to work more on being consistent with my diet and exercise.
  • K_Pow
    Options
    Wednesday - Level 2 of Shred done before work (20 mins) and then an awesome walk on my lunch (35 mins)

Reneepugh - I hear ya...I've been on a rollercoaster lately and its really not doing me any good. Gotta kick my own butt sometimes and get back on track (although..knock wood...this week has been great!)
  • MeAfter30
    Options
    Reneepugh~ Everyday is a struggle for me too. Some days are easier then others, but it is constantly on my mind. As long as your forgive yourself of the mistakes of yesterday and focus on the potential of today, you will be just fine.

I haven't worked out today yet..... plan to do a walk with the kids this evening. Don't know if I am mentally in the mood for a workout video, but I am certainly in the mood for a nice LONG walk. Thinking I'd like to try three miles. Will have to take the double stroller and alternate toddlers sharing with the baby because they will not last a three mile walk. LOL!
  • K_Pow
    Options
    Thursday - Level 2 of Shred (20 mins) + walk at lunch (35 mins)

Tomorrow is FRIDAY :)
  • Handbanana06
    Options
    YAY! You should try again cuz the program does make it attainable! I take fish oil everyday and don't burp fish taste or smells, the key is to spend a little more and get the more expensive gel cap ones. they are big pills but are easier to take in the long run and i honestly don't think I could have finished Insanity with out fish oil and Osteo bi-flex, but I am glad I did and know it strengthened my knees!
  • K_Pow
    Options
    Friday - Level 2 of shred (20 mins)--semi rest day

I get to look forward to a good burn this weekend because I can go to the gym :)

Then Monday starts Level 3 of Shred--yikes!

Have a great weekend ladies!
  • Handbanana06
    Options
    Friday 3/23- c25k-35 minutes