hello fiends

Options
Deanthedog
Deanthedog Posts: 122 Member
hey guys new to this group names dean 24 suffered with mental health for around 8 years now (under the doctors then) still none of the wiser to what it is that is actually wrong with me because every time i see the so called MHT in my town they give me a different diagnoses ....from slightly psychotic,depression, anxiety,bipolar and even paranoid schizophrenia ...and whatever else in between ....wish they would give me a solid diagnosis and proper crazy pills(my term for meds) for whatever it is im suffering with ...hear multiple voices talking/screaming at me daily and some of the convocations are scary to what they expect of me then my sleep pattern is just rubbish ....good week ill get 4 hours a night on a bad one im lucky to get an hour ...i tend to power nap well theres a start from me feel free to add me if you feel we have something in common or if you just wanna be friends

Replies

• clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i'm so sorry its taking so long to get diagnosed. i've had bipolar disorder for 24 years, and was only diagnosed 10 years ago. its taken the last 10 years to get my crazy pills right. i know how hard it can be to feel bad and have no recourse.

i hope you get a proper diagnosis soon. i had to go thru 4 psychs and 8 therapist to find the right combo. now i'm pretty well controlled with my meds. i've also found that exercising really boosts mood and helps with the symptoms.

i'm sure you will find a lot of good people on this site just waiting to be supportive. :)

et
  • Deanthedog
    Options
    hey CTC no need to be sorry its just one of those things ...thats an awful long time to get diagnosed and for them to sort out the right crazy pills for you ...glad your sorted now though ...i think ive seen 5 psychs now first three where good to the point they seemed to take me seriously then the fourth ...what a joke she was ....imagine a tree hugging hippy using that 60's style tone (no offence meant to anyone ...just best way to describe her) she told me to sit back close my eyes and tell my self im relaxed from head to toe and literally every point of the body ...she almost fell asleep in the chair ....so i complained now ive been passed onto the head psych but feel i will need to complain about her also she saw me last october and im suppose to be reviewed every three months but nothing within this time .....the exercise thing has helped somewhat makes me feel good about my self .....ive got a home workout called insanity week in and its going strong ...and your right there is alot of good people on here ....thanx for responding
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hope you can get the support that you need from the professionals, sounds like you've been quite unlucky.

Gotta ask - did you choose the Insanity dvd based on the name? :laugh: (hey, we're all crazy here right, we can ask these questions)
  • Deanthedog
    Options
    thanx for replying ...no didnt choose it because of the name but it is very fitting haha