Monday morning - starting fresh

jkimmett
jkimmett Posts: 46 Member
The last couple of weeks have been really tough for me food wise. I have been eating everything in sight. I have gained 4lbs. I have not been logging my food and have gone totally off the rails. In a year I have maybe had a few chips in the last 2 weeks I have eaten 3 big bags. I have done so well and thought I had this binging under control, but apparently I don't. I have baked for the kids and eaten most of it myself. I can't do this, I am so close to goal. I was 9lbs to goal, now I am 13lbs. In the grand scheme of things, after losing 125lbs, how can I not get off this last 9lbs. What has me so discouraged. I don't know, real life is no more stressful then usual, in fact, if anything, things are pretty good right now. I need to figure out why I am sabatoging myself. This is a new week, its first thing Monday morning and I am recommitting to do this right. I have plenty of food in my fridge and freezer that I can eat. I have no excuses. I need to throw out the crap and resist. The weather is gorgeous and there is no reason I can't get out and exercise. I can do this, I have to do this. Not only for now, but for my kids and the rest of my life.

I am writing this not just for me but for you too, for those of you in the middle or beginning of your journey. Yes, I have lost 125lbs, but I fight this food fight every single day. I fall down and I get back up. I have a bad week and I start over every day. This is the worst its been for me yet, which is weird after all this time, but I can do it, and so can you!

Replies

• smcfaye
    smcfaye Posts: 15 Member
    Hi Jkmimmett... What an amazing job you have done so far. I am sure you will be able to reach your goal. I do believe that often we have a mental block that occurs when we a so close to succeeding. I know I do personally, I have lost weight before and gained it back and more... But this time it is different, this time we will succeed.
  • tknnwatkins
    tknnwatkins Posts: 135 Member
    Jkimmett,
    I am so proud of you for jumping back to it today! You look so beautiful and I know you do not want to go back to old habits. You have worked too hard! Last year, I lost 20 pounds, then gained back 24 and now I have lost 24. It has taken me 66 days to RE-lose those 24 pounds! I NEVER want to regain them again and I know you don't either! You are worth it! You have been such an encourager to me all along and it is my time to tell you, you can do it!!