P90X

Options
tjyates3
tjyates3 Posts: 53 Member
Ok. I've been hearing about this whole P90X thing for a while now and it looks like it delivers some serious results. Before I go out and spend any money on it, I wanted to ask you guys about it. I have a few questions:

1. Does it REALLY deliver the type of dramatic results that are shown on their ads?
2. Do you (or someone you know) have experience using it?
3. With the intensity of the workouts, it looks like someone that isn't in decent shape could get hurt trying this stuff. What do you think?
4. What are the chances of maintaining the program after the 90 day period?
5. If you go back to a regular gym routine after the 90 days are you going to lose all the results?
6. How important are their meal/menus in getting results?

Replies

• ItsTiffanyFTW
    ItsTiffanyFTW Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just recently signed on to be a beachbody coach, so if you want more info, just message me. I am starting it on the 26th but the "lean" version... since I have more bodyfat to lose than most who start with it. I absolutely believe it delivers... maybe not with just one round but it certainly is the only "at home" program I think you need and you can do as many rounds as you feel necessary until you get the results you are looking for. I would say most ppl average 2-3 rounds before getting those "ripped" results. They provide modifications for every move so if you aren't on that level, you still are working those key muscles. I think if u go back to a gym routine afterwards, you would have to maintain the intensity to maintain results. The meal plan is intimidating because it's so much info, but its fantastic if you don't know where to start nutrition wise. When I was deciding which program to start with, the response I got was pretty much, p90x all the way...
  • ItsTiffanyFTW
    ItsTiffanyFTW Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    This is from one of the girls in my group...

"After watching me do P90X for over a year and thinking maybe I was a little crazy, my husband decided to give it a try. It is hard for him, he gets frustrated sometimes, but he has stuck with it and is on week 7. He has lost 12 pounds and shed 4 inches. The little smile on his face this morning as we noticed how baggy his pants were was priceless. Just wanted to post as an encouragement to others...with encouragement, willingness to modify, and perserverance, it can be done! I'm so proud of him!" --Julie
  • tjyates3
    tjyates3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Now, that's encouraging. I've been back in the gym for about 6 weeks now and it's working great. But I'm thinking that I might give it a shot in May-June in order to step up my results. Hearing stories like that just make me want to try it out even more.....