Starting over; AGAIN!!

Options
I wonder how many people out there are like me? I've been exercising off and on but have not been consistent enough to see the type of results I want and need to see. I get going good for about a month, maybe even six weeks, but after that it's a wrap. I see a hint of muscle definition, get excited, and then something comes along to distract me. The last time I went hard with working out, I was going strong for about two months and then I got really sick. I was sick for a week and then when the symtpoms went away it took me a whole nother week to just feel like myself again. After that, I fell off and I have been struggling off and on, a week here, two weeks there, to get back on point.

Well once again, it's a new year and my birthday is rolling around again and I am nowhere near the goal I had convinced myself I would be this year by my 37th birthday!!! So much for a New Years resolution. I realize it has to be a lifestyle change.... Uggghhh what is it with developing new habits?????? I must admit, I eat really quality foods such as all organic this and that, and I consume a whole lot of fruits and veggies but I haven't had any type of portion control and I still squeeze my snacks in there (my sweet tooth is off the chain, might as well say all my teeth are sweet!!) Anyway, I am at a point where I am simply tired of being tired and I am also tired of being in between shopping in the plus size section or wearing the largest size of what is considered average sized clothing!! I just want to be a comfortable weight. I am not looking to be a size 6, 8 or even a 10 for that matter. I'll take a size 12 for a weight loss of 30 lbs Alex!!!!

To get back on track, for the past two weeks I have been making conscience efforts to work out. I'm doing my own version of P90X my mixing up the variety of styles of workouts that I do. The other thing I have been doing although I need to step my game up more is getting up early to read my bible and pray or doing it in the evening. As someone who claims to be a Christian you would think I did this regularly but I am guilty because I have not.

I am putting myself on blast on this forum because I am taking responsibility and making a better effort to do the things I know I should do that would take my life to the next level. The mornings that I get up to pray and read or do one of the two, plus workout, I feel like superwoman. I know the benefits but now I am just trying to get past the lazy version of me who always wants to sleep until the last minute in the morning. I know for me mornings are best because I get it over with. Sometimes in the evenings, I am simply not in the mood to working out once I get off work. So anyway, I just want you all to know that I am not using this as a forum to preach to anyone or be dogmatic towards anyone who may want to be apart of this forum but believes differently from me. That is not the purpose of this forum. It is just a resource to promote positive motivation with a minimal spiritual undertone but really a place for those who feel similar to me to share there progress along the way.

Anyway, I hope there are others out there who want to be apart of this forum, who take it seriously and will post regularly as their time permits, and who will keep the focus positive. If you're out there I am looking foward to meeting you virtually!! Be well and have an awesome day!!!

Replies

• joyspear
    joyspear Posts: 20
    Options
    Good Luck! You are not alone in your daily struggles both physically and spiritually. It is a day to day walk for all of us.

Just read in my daily motivational:

Why are you downcast, O my soul?
    Why so disturbed within me?
    Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him,
    my Savior and my God. Psalm 42:5

Have a blessed day! :flowerforyou:
  • Naturalgal4u
    Options
    Hi Joy,

I am sorry for getting back to you so late. I just joined MyfitnessPal and I am still familiarizing myself with how everything works but I thank you for sharing the scripture that you did. It helped to keep me on point with why I started this group in the first place!!! The last two scriptures that I read really had me thinking about how God chooses us so it's by no doing of my own that I am in Him through His son Christ. I read

Romans 8:29
    New Living Translation (NLT)

29 For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn[a] among many brothers and sisters.

Acts 13:48
    New Living Translation (NLT)

48 When the Gentiles heard this, they were very glad and thanked the Lord for his message; and all who were chosen for eternal life became believers.

There is more to the two scriptures that are in full context if you read the entire chapters but those verses stood out to me because each time it said that God basically chose who would believe and follow His son whereas people usually present the scriptures as us choosing God. In a sense we do but He first chose us!!!!! What a refreshing thing to know!!!......