rest day

Options
mummytobeslim
mummytobeslim Posts: 367 Member
I was going to ask I saw somewhere mentioned that after a day off exercise should hav e arest day is this correct ,yesterday I did 50 mins banish fst dvd and 25 min 30 dsy shred then this morning I went for a 4.67 mile walk pushing buggy .I was supposed to do 30 day shred tonight ,but feel really tired so giving it a miss .I also had a peep at the scales and looks like I have gained a lb :(

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I was going to ask I saw somewhere mentioned that after a day off exercise should hav e arest day is this correct ,yesterday I did 50 mins banish fst dvd and 25 min 30 dsy shred then this morning I went for a 4.67 mile walk pushing buggy .I was supposed to do 30 day shred tonight ,but feel really tired so giving it a miss .I also had a peep at the scales and looks like I have gained a lb :(

Depends on intensity and activity.
    At least 1 day off a week if doing easy to mid-level cardio only.
    If doing weights in there, 2 days is best, spread out after the weights days.

Normally walking wouldn't be that bad, unless you accomplished that in 60 min or a bunch of hills too, that's a workout then.
  • mummytobeslim
    mummytobeslim Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    thank you
  • serenetranquility
    serenetranquility Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    So if I am walking every day 2-3x day at a brisk pace ie: at least 3.5mph and doing some circuit training here and there ie: a few times a week when and how often should I be taking rest days if at all? Also, what actually qualifies as a rest day? Sitting around on my bum all day? That's hard for me so I usually find I don't have rest days.
  • heybales
    Options
    So if I am walking every day 2-3x day at a brisk pace ie: at least 3.5mph and doing some circuit training here and there ie: a few times a week when and how often should I be taking rest days if at all? Also, what actually qualifies as a rest day? Sitting around on my bum all day? That's hard for me so I usually find I don't have rest days.

A nice stroll no faster than 3mph, mainly fat burning, is good recovery.

How often? that's a good calm schedule, at least once a week, after a circuit training. Let body use rest to recover and get stronger.
    If you start making that training more intense because body is getting stronger, perhaps 2 days after each one.
  • serenetranquility
    Options
    Good to know! So in other words, I shouldn't be doing circuit training every day back to back? I should have at least a day break in between? I've trained 22 of the last 23 days and have a feeling I'm doing too much too often.
  • heybales
    Options
    Good to know! So in other words, I shouldn't be doing circuit training every day back to back? I should have at least a day break in between? I've trained 22 of the last 23 days and have a feeling I'm doing too much too often.

Oh my, if it is weight lifting focus, even cardio, a couple rest days will be very beneficial, otherwise you truly aren't getting the improvement out of. At least 2 a week spread out, perhaps following a more weight lifting focused session.
    In other words, very little bang for the buck.

Your body only makes improvement during the recovery phase from a hard workout.
  • serenetranquility
    Options
    I figured as much...time to do things the right way from now on