Motivation!

Options
nichole325
nichole325 Posts: 244 Member
I am so excited to see so many people up for the April challenge! Honestly when this thought crossed my mind today I laughed at myself because I am SO NOT a morning person! When I told my BF what I wanted to do he giggled too because he knows I wake up 30 mins before I have to be at work, so I guess I have to change that habit.

I'm hoping this will be a nice kick start to my day and I hope I get enough energy to make it through my usual workout at night. I seriously have my Miami trip on the brain though so I really think I'll be able to do this.

I want to be under 200lbs by the time we leave for Miami May 9th and I'm currently at 215. After I get under 200 I am going to have to find another challenge to get my to my goal weight.

I'm so excited!

Replies

• chelsearae85
    Options
    I just stopped going to the gym cuz I don't think a month and a meeting with a trainer did anything. My new plan is to do 30ds the rest of this month(since that workout gets me sweating and burning way more then what the trainer had me doing in 2 hours a day at the gym) so when April comes around I can do either yoga in the am before mini me gets up and one of the JM dvds in the evening, maybe an ab one. Y'all gotta kick me in the butt and make sure I'm doing it!! I would run like most of you but it kills my knees and I kinda need to get my legs to even move that fast outside of the gym lol.
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I used to get up a while ago early, then i got injured and got used to waking up late.. Finally!! i ended up having to be at work an hour earlier for like a week, after that week was over, I kept it up and now exercise before work.. but now I'm always too tired to workout AFTER work LOL!! I'm hoping saying it out loud and commiting it to others will motivate me to do something at least 5 days a week in the evenings!!
  • revadiana
    revadiana Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I take fitness classes at night, but started doing workouts in the morning, in case "life happens" and I end up missing the class. It was a fitness redundancy I built into my life to make sure I do a minimum of 60 min a day, no matter what.

My morning workouts consist of either 60 min elliptical or 30 min elliptical and 30 min Tabata.

And just started today - I am commuting by bike to work - which is a welcomed extra burn. Hopefully the weather holds out. I've got gear to bike in the rain, just can't bike in the snow/ice.
  • AmberzHeartz
    AmberzHeartz Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have gone for walks on my 2k loop that I used to go running on when I was in college and in shape. It is killing me but I need motivation!!!
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing C25K/walking 5+ miles/Wii games and 30 Day Shred. And my motivation (beyond looking/being healthier)- I want to play soccer again. It's my favorite sport, and I loved playing it. But I wouldn't last in a 90 minute game now, so I'm working on that.
  • nichole325
    nichole325 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to start Jillian's 30DS in April too...I want to lose as much as possible before Miami!
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I started hitting the gym twice a day last week. I only did this for 2 days though. Going up to 4 or five days will be an *kitten* kicker! But...I will do it!
  • ednabnana
    ednabnana Posts: 304
    Options
    Hey girls. My name is Edna. My middle name is B & in HS people made fun of me so much because I had no shape so I was called the banana. LOL.

Going out of my soap box...now :)

I have 30-D Shred + Turbo Fire at home this month.

I also hit the gym 5-6 times a week for at least 30 minutes of cardio & weight training.

Thank you for inviting me to the group. I am a hard worker, dedicated, & genuinely awesome person (I meant I joke/laugh a lot).

Edit to add: Hey girls and boys! Ladies & Gentlemen!
  • roycelynberry
    roycelynberry Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I do a biggest loser work out on kinect every morning it was hard at first but now its like first nature and I am in the gym 5 to 6 days a week and I also will be starting 90 days supreme work out.
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, My name is Raquel. I am soon to be 28yrs old and have 2 little ones at home ages 5 and 2! I am just tired of being overweight! I had my children and just gained so I havent felt confident about me ever since I had my first child. All that needs to change this year. I am very intrigued by this C25K program so I have decided to give that a try. I also go for walks during my lunch time at work and on top of that I will be doing Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones. Lets see what I can accomplish by May 12 which is the day that we will be celebrating my sons 6th bday! WE GOT THIS!!!!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,003 Member
    Options
    i am a sahm of 7 only 3 still at home. I have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue and hypothyroid. I started MFP july 17 2010 and have lost 98lbs I joined this group to up my exercise to try and get the last 2 lbs off to reach my original goal of 100 lbs lost. The last month I have been going up and down the same 1 lb. I am ready to reach my goal. When I start mfp it was to become healthy, I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. Since then I feel so much better and feel like i have gotten my life back. Together we can do this.....
  • genene111
    genene111 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, My name is Raquel. I am soon to be 28yrs old and have 2 little ones at home ages 5 and 2! I am just tired of being overweight! I had my children and just gained so I havent felt confident about me ever since I had my first child. All that needs to change this year. I am very intrigued by this C25K program so I have decided to give that a try. I also go for walks during my lunch time at work and on top of that I will be doing Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones. Lets see what I can accomplish by May 12 which is the day that we will be celebrating my sons 6th bday! WE GOT THIS!!!!

Hey Raquel!:) I'm excited for you to try c25k. It reallly has helped me in the past few months! Its changing my body ( in a good way) and I have just recently signed up for my first 5 k race on the 1st;) I also am now able to run 10k which is still crazy to me:) and I'm using that ap to train me for a race in July!

You can totally rock the runners!!!! You go doll!!:)
    :)
    Add me if you need more exercise pals:)!

Ps that offer extends to one and all :) * waves
  • gmtaylor07
    gmtaylor07 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I am a 28 year old mother of a 4 year old and 19 month old and since I don't plan on having ANY more children I want to get rid of this baby weight! I ran a few 5k over the winter and a St. Paddy's 5 miler last week! My husband's 30th birthday party is May 4th and I want to look smokin' hot in my cocktail dress! I plan to do the JM 30DS, HIIT on the elliptical, and lots of strength training (no jiggly arms in the dress). I love the idea of this competition and hope we can keep each other motivated! I personally plan to check in every am to report the previous day's workout just to keep my head in the game!
  • genene111
    genene111 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    ScrewyChars-7518055
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    OK I'll give this a try. For the record -- I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON. lol It usually takes all I can muster to get to work on time. But, I will try to meet this challenge for the month of April.

So, what's everyone's definition of a workout? If I can get in 15-30 min on treadmill in AM does that count?
  • gmtaylor07
    gmtaylor07 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think so! A workout is a workout! Just give it all you have for that 15-20 mins. A HIIT treadmill workout would burn calories and boost your metabolism!
  • _tiifyjo_
    _tiifyjo_ Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    So ready for April 1. Going to visit some friends and family at the end of April that I haven't seen since last April. Currently 177.4 hoping to be in the 160s by then!!
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    We got this girls! I went on my first jog last week to see where I was at and surprisingly enough I can run 11min/mi, but ofcourse I still have to stop here and there for a breather. I want to do the C25k, but I really dont want to start with week 1 or 2....Gotta look into it and decide what my endurance can handle.

Went for another jog this morning at 5:30am and let me tell you I literally had to roll myself out of bed LOL!!! Its those beginning workouts in the AM that are hard and then the body gets used to it....Mine is still in the process LOL So until then I will keep rolling off.... I will keep you all posted on how that is going.