Where would you set up a fortress against zombies?

Options
SofaKingRad
SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
My vote? A strip club. Think about it. There are no windows, one entrance, several fire escapes. Sounds pretty solid to me. Just keep that entrance protected. Where would you set up at?

Replies

• _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    good answer.

um, in a strip club on an island. zombies can't swim, can they?
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    wherever _snw_ goes. She rocks.
  • reactor25
    reactor25 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    good answer.

I don't think they can swim, but wouldn't they just keep going underwater? Kind of like the vampires do in Twilight. They just walk on the ocean floor. But probably only really random walkers would even possibly make it to an island. Old castles would be good or even places that had high security, like the pentagon, where you could really lock the place down. The prison seems like a good choice, too.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    good answer.

I don't think they can swim, but wouldn't they just keep going underwater? Kind of like the vampires do in Twilight. They just walk on the ocean floor. But probably only really random walkers would even possibly make it to an island. Old castles would be good or even places that had high security, like the pentagon, where you could really lock the place down. The prison seems like a good choice, too.

but i think they'd just float... that whole twilight thing wasn't real - you can't just walk on th ebottom of the ocean if you aren't weighted down. (heh, i'm trying to prove a point about zombies by saying twilight wasn't accurate.)
  • reactor25
    reactor25 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    good answer.

but i think they'd just float... that whole twilight thing wasn't real - you can't just walk on th ebottom of the ocean if you aren't weighted down. (heh, i'm trying to prove a point about zombies by saying twilight wasn't accurate.)

Yeah, I was trying to debate if they would float or not in my head. Then I was wondering if the fish would eat them, like, feeding frenzy style. They are kind of gross and rotten, but fish are pretty dumb and might eat them anyway...
  • scottc561
    scottc561 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    costco...everything you need to survive
  • Jlongblade
    Jlongblade Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    costco...everything you need to survive

LOL

A houseboat in the Ocean or a really Large Lake. Portable, can move whenever needed and surronded by water.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    had a dream about it a few weeks ago, and was hiding out in the basement of a bank I used to work at - they had vending machines and a fridge and no windows..and a sofa...
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    my husbandisi a submariner and we always said we would hop eon the sub lol we can stay underwater for 6 months at a time till we needed more food lmao
  • Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    Options
    Oh lord Zombie Strippers.......

An Island or a boat sounds decent. As long as there weren't too many people in your group, you could poo and pee in the water. LOL
    Yes I would agree that the zombies would probably get nibbled on by the fish. They can smell that and would be on it like white on rice.

A tree house? No matter what at some point you have to risk contact for supplies.
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I would go to my local library. Its nearby, a very sturdy brick building, a huge basement with no windows and full of books to read! I'd never be bored! Its also close to a grocery store and a 7-11 and an outdoor shop. Perfect!
  • Mina133842
    Options
    I keep wondering why in all the zombie movies and even T-Dog mentioned going to the coast - unless you have a boat, you're now sorta backed into a corner - if you can't swim.. I just don't quite get that logic. I figure you'd be better off inland - in the country somewhere. or up in the mountains -
    watched an episode of doomsday preppers and there was this hippie couple that bought an old missile silo/launch and live in it. what a great idea! it's underground and protected (and they're stockpiling some food and stuff) much roomier than fallout shelter.
  • linhmaimac
    linhmaimac Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    all my life, i was certain costco would be the place, you know where you can set up camp in the bulk steel area...but recently, superwalmart (because of all the guns AND food AND supplies like can openers).

however, might i add that i recently had a dream about zapocalypse (i dream about these way too often), and the place to go is THE PUBLIC LIBRARY. yes, a library. weirdddd...zombies dont infiltrate libraries...
  • Bagman12002
    Bagman12002 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    By the house we have a Costco, Library and a Army base and on a island a few miles from the house is a Navy base. So now the question is where to go first is it army base to get big *kitten* tank to go shop at costco to stop at library to go to Island then blow up bridges to island.. oh so many things to think about. :huh:
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Zombies can't swim but would continue to walk along the bottom. Eventually they'll find the island. I'm going Arctic Circle. Slows them down and freezes them making it easy to fend them off. Plus, I can keep the ladies in my group warm. :happy:
  • Mina133842
    Options
    lucky for me, hubs knows how to drive a tank - that's what he did in the army - he was a tanker. I think we'll just move into the tank. ;)
  • area55
    area55 Posts: 16
    Options
    In a prison, yeah that would be the best place.
    ;)
  • 1985Andy
    1985Andy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Haven't you guys seen Dawn of the Dead? (The original is the best)

A Shopping Mall!!

Just don't go on any daft rescue missions.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    The CDC... oh, wait.
  • Mina133842
    Options