Introduction

Options
roander
roander Posts: 192 Member
I'll jump in to your new group! I'm Robin from CT.

I'm doing great with my dedication to exercise. I've NEVER been an exerciser but I've been doing the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution for 5 weeks with no setbacks. I love the loss in inches - the weight isn't dropping off, but that's ok.

I'm not doing so great in my meditation time. I should be doing daily Reiki treatments on myself but I've slacked off there too. Usually it's a bedtime ritual for me, but lately as soon as my head hits the pillow, I'm OUT. Done.

Seems I can only fully dedicate my attention to one thing at a time!

Replies

• Naturalgal4u
    Options
    Hi Robin,

My name is LaTanya. I live in Maryland but I am from NYC. I totally understand the comments in your post. I always set my alarm clock to go off early in the morning so I can get up and pray, meditate, read my bible, and then workout but it never works out that way for me everyday. I get through it on some days but I want it to be an everyday thing for me because I find when I get centered/focused on the spiritual aspect of my life plus workout in the mornings, my day just seems to flow better. I handle the challenges of the day differently, and I naturally feel better as a whole. I've decided to change my devotional time to 15 minutes instead of a whole hour because of the dread factor of getting up that much earlier in the morning. I think once I get the 15 minutes down pack, I can move on to committing more time to my daily spiritual renewals. Congrats on your accomplishment with getting through 5 weeks of Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. That is awesome. So far I am only two weeks into doing what I call my own version of P90X.

I'm not actually doing the P90X program although I have that but the concept of the program is to mix-up a bunch of different exercises to confuse the muscles. That is the concept I am applying to my daily workouts. I have a lot of different fitness dvd's so I am just doing different ones to target different muscle groups, everyday. When I am not doing a fitness dvd, I speedwalk in my neighborhood.

I know what you mean though about only being able to dedicate time and attention to one thing. In today's time, we balance so many balls that we barely have time for ourselves. We have to make time for us because our well being depends on it.