Introductions

Options
Stacivogue
Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
Hello! What type of pilates are you doing? How long, which videos are any good, are you using a trainer and a studio, and what equipment do you have at home?

I'm doing Method Precision PIlates at home - and once i can make it through the whole tape (including all of the teasers at the end) I'm going to try this new pilates equipment that looks like a trapeze. I don't know what it's called but as soon as I actually use it, I'll let you know.

I've done 12 sessions of Method Precision pilates - and I'm now able to make it through the whole tape, but I can't do all of the teasers with good form yet. (Ok, i can only do 3 of them with horrible form).

But I have done 35 minutes of the video 10 times, and the full video 2x.

I can feel the difference now, and we'll see what happens in 10 more sessions.

Good luck everybody.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have been doing pilates for about 4 years and never had a trainer or professional lessons. I have fallen off the strength training wagon a bit lately. Hopefully I can get back on track.

Videos I have done: LOTS. Netflix rental is great for test driving workout DVDs. Netflix streaming has a few pilates workouts including 10 Minute Solutions & Ellen Barrett.
  • bkandisjj29
    bkandisjj29 Posts: 172
    Options
    Hi! I am Kandis!

Seven years ago, I worked at a gym as a front desk worker. I would see everyone come and go and the women with the best bodies were the ones in the pilates class. They were the perfect blend of toned and curvy. I tried one class and fell in love. My body looked amazing when I was doing pilates then. But I fell off the wagon. LOL WAY OFF THE WAGON :)

Now, after two babies, my belly is in need of a lot of work. So I turned to Lara Hudson's 10 Minute Solution. In four weeks, I can already tell a huge difference, my belly is already looking better. I can actually feel the muscles there now.

The only equipment I have is a purple yoga/pilate mat.

I am planning on buying some small weights so that I can begin doing the arm session next week.
  • Stacivogue
    Options
    Good luck, sounds like you re doing great!
  • saylorslady
    Options
    Hello all,, My name is Amy.

I just discovered this site and am just so glad. I used to do pilates several years ago.. Laura Hudson's 10 minute has always been what I used. I would usually do all but 1 of the sessions, and that was the stretching.. ( by the time I got finished with the others,, I was plenty stretched out.. lol ) It's been a while but I think I can still find the disk. :) anyway.. I'm looking forward to participating in this group.. my family just recently joined the YMCA while they have pilates classes the timing isn't convenient (kids.. baby.. husband drama.. etc..) So I have been doing strength training there but have been looking for a way to target my abs and still feel like Im part of the group.. I need that encouragement and praise ... anyway.. I look forward to getting to know everyone!! Good Luck all!!..
  • Stacivogue
    Options
    look forward to seeing your progress! I'm on session 16. Can feel it, but can't see anything yet.
  • tarapickett
    tarapickett Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just joined the group. I got the Pilates bug a few months ago. I've been doing Ellen Barrett's videos and just bought her Skinny Sculpt video. I try to do Pilates once or twice a week and add in Aqua Zumba, and a few other exercises. So far I've really benefited from it.

Would love to hear success stories. Feel free to add me.
  • sarah692
    sarah692 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi :) My name is Sarah and right now I'm doing a beginner's routine from Blogilates... I'll probably keep doing Blogilates since they're pretty beginner friendly and I'm so out of shape. I start Monday and did another session today.
  • Stacivogue
    Options
    That is great! I just finished session number 20. And I can see a difference. I am also much more flexible and stronger.
  • louisa_jay
    louisa_jay Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been doing mat-based Pilates for 18 months. I do an hour class once a week - my posture has improved and my core muscles are so much stronger.

The DVD I use is the 10 minute solutions Pilates perfect body - although it's harder than my Improvers class at times!
  • Coshie80
    Coshie80 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I am currently doing prenatal pilates and I've been doing them for 2 weeks. I have been doing pilates for over 4 years off and on using videos and some trainers now and then. For equipment, I have a mat, a towel and a water bottle.

I love pilates for so many reasons, you can feel the effects on your body so quickly, the more control you have over your own movements, even the tiny ones. The great posture it give and just the overall feeling of 'that was a great workout' that seems to last hours after the workout ends.

Currently I am jumping back on the pilates wagon as I have heard great things about pilates and giving birth. It makes sense to me a stronger core and more control would fit with making giving birth easier.

Anyone out there know anything about the benefits of Pilates on pregnancy and child birth my plan is a home birth so any advice would be great!
  • pennyns
    pennyns Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Looks like ther are no new posts since March - is anyone still out there? I attend a Stott Pilates 1 hr class/week and try to remember what we did so I can practice at home - any recommendations re a DVD or on-line resource?
  • CatloverNYC
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm also into Pilates with pregnancy in mind. Not pregnant yet but trying, and want to be as fit as I can as we begin this journey.

I do mat pilates but I'd love to do with the machines some day. I took classes when I was younger and even helped teach. Now I do it at home following Sarah picot,s Pilates for Pregnancy routines. I write down what I do and my firm so I can see as I make progress.