Tone/Sculpt

Options
brookef81
brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
These are the only videos I don't really like. I am seriously thinking of replacing them with other workouts and here is why.

When I am doing them, I know I am doing them right because it hurts, my arms, legs shake...etc. But, I feel like I do not see results from them. I feel like once the fat is burned, I can focus more on toning and sculpting. I am thinking of doing something else on a Fire 30 and Tone or Sculpt day.

I guess my question is do you all do the tone and sculpt videos and do they really work after a while? It seems like you need to work on those muscles more than two times a week to get the results...just my thinking.

Replies

• isys5
    isys5 Posts: 213
    Options
    I did not do them just because I was enjoying the FIRE & HIIT workouts so much that I never made time for them. If you do omit them try to do something else that uses dumbells or resistance of some kind. I did not do this in the beginning and started Chalene Extreme (dumbell workout but lifinging slow & heavy) along with the TurboFire and am AMAZED at the progress I am seeing in tone and shape. Muscle burns fat so even though you do not see results right away, in the long run you will really be impressed with the change in your body that resistance adds. I hated doing the weights for the first month as it felt so slow and boring, now I love it just as much as the FIRE & HIIT workouts :)
  • jlebert716
    jlebert716 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I HATE the tone and sculpt. I am thinking about just doing a jillian michaels dvd those days so I get some strength training in. I hate those silly bands and would prefer to use weights. I have heard good things about chalean extreme but dont know much about it, I might try that but am not sure
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I HATE the tone and sculpt. I am thinking about just doing a jillian michaels dvd those days so I get some strength training in. I hate those silly bands and would prefer to use weights. I have heard good things about chalean extreme but dont know much about it, I might try that but am not sure

let me just say, I HATE tone/sculpt as well (because I had resistance bands) but I absolutely LOVE ChaLEAN Extreme. It's amazing!! I MIGHT start replacing tone/sculpt with CLX weight training.
  • IcassI
    IcassI Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I hate the bands too! I would much rather use weights.
  • brookef81
    Options
    Thanks girls, I am glad I am not the only one! I may get Chalene Extreme!
  • BrendaS78
    BrendaS78 Posts: 28
    Options
    I do the tone and scupt and I like them! I have done so many Jillian Michaels and Biggest Loser workouts with weights that I like the bands because it is something different.
    I have never tried Chalean Extreme though--it sounds great too!
  • fitnfancy80
    fitnfancy80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I also dislike tone/sculpt. I ilke the dumbbells. The burn circuit dvd that came with the TF is pretty good.
  • lushunn32
    lushunn32 Posts: 107
    Options
    I don't like them either I have replaced them with Jillian Shed it with weights I just started but I like it so far.
  • Exna
    Exna Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I do like them ! :S ...
    I am doing CLX so these workouts are my "rest" workouts :P
  • Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I don't care much for the bands either. I do ChaLean Extreme instead.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I do not like it as well as weights but still do it. I know I need the strength training. As much as I hate bands... I have to admit they are working. I have guns:).
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Update: I definitely kicked Tone/Sculpt to the curb :)

I've decided to incorporate CLX 3x a week along with my TF workouts. I've replaced tone/sculpt & also the stretch 40 with the lifting in CLX.
  • hiitrocks
    hiitrocks Posts: 100
    Options
    I don't like the bands too much either. I don't know what I am doing wrong but I can't seem to get the bands to stay behind, they pop infront of my shoulder and I seem to get a rub on my back from the straps which isn't nice
  • brookef81
    Options
    Update: I definitely kicked Tone/Sculpt to the curb :)

I've decided to incorporate CLX 3x a week along with my TF workouts. I've replaced tone/sculpt & also the stretch 40 with the lifting in CLX.

Me too, I have been doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred instead. I feel more of a burn and I am sore the next day :)
  • hiitrocks
    Options
    does that work out for you okay to do that? In that you don't feel too sore/tired the next day? I might do the same
  • jpbenjamin
    jpbenjamin Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Last time I had to do tone/sculpt, I substituted it for Fire 30. I prefer cardio over that right now, but i will need to incorporate it in there somehow someday! LOL
  • brookef81
    Options
    does that work out for you okay to do that? In that you don't feel too sore/tired the next day? I might do the same

To be honest, yes, I was so sore and tired the next day, but I pushed through the workout. It wasn't my best workout though, I will be honest. :)
  • hiitrocks
    Options
    I did hiit 15 today followed by Ripped in 30 level 4. Oh boy!!!! Turbofire has definitely improved my endurance but my legs were like jelly, I had to force them to co operate!
  • bashiera
    bashiera Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    To those that substitute sculpt or tone with CLX, which workout do you use from CLX? I also hate sculpt and tone, and would like to use a CLX workout instead.
  • jlebert716
    jlebert716 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Ive only substituted with Burn Phase 1, I havent tried any of the other ones yet