It really, really bugs me

Options
AleksD3
AleksD3 Posts: 194 Member
when people answer questions about WW on the main board with things that are wrong. Like..."WW lets you eat as many fruits and vegetables serving as you want and they're all point free."

"WW teaches you NOTHING about nutrition."

"You will ALWAYS have to count points because you'll learn nothing about healthy eating."

And so on and one.

I should just let it go but tonight it's really irritating me!

Replies

• bethelcheryl
    bethelcheryl Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I saw that too was going to reply later when Dh gets off my computer. Typing on my iPod is too slow
  • AleksD3
    AleksD3 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I responded to the free fruits one and then decided to let it go.
  • bethelcheryl
    Options
    Well, now I can't even find the thread. I'm too tired :)
  • bethelcheryl
    Options
    I think the fruit thing has changed, Aleks. I just put in 10 bananas and it still said they were 0 points. Of course if you are using the WW calculator to put in nutritional info, the bananas are going to be points. But I've been eating 3-4 bananas per day and they are 0 points.
  • leebaser
    leebaser Posts: 38
    Options
    A certain amount of fruits and vegetables are calculated into your DP target. In essence they are "prepaid". Of course they are not really "free" as in "zero calories". And yes, folks can stall their weight loss or even gain weight by eating too much fruit.

Still, as they say "none of us got fat eating too much fruit and vegetables".

Of course, I've heard incorrect info about low carb diets when on the WW forums. People tend to pick teams and think theirs is the best and everyone else is just wrong.
  • michelletr
    michelletr Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    i count all my points no matter what....i am so new to w w that i just don't want to screw this up,lol
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Ummm... I missed this. Which thread was it?
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I get tired of the same answer all the time. "It not ALL the fruit you can eat...it portion control!!"
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    it has taught me to reach for the fruit or veggies when i just WANT something. other wise i was reaching for the 100 calories snacks, or something else that was just a quick and not a good choice. so now i make better choices.
    i am a seasoned WW member. i think i have sign up more than anyone. 10+ sometimes it has worked great and sometimes lasted less than a month. you have to work it. it won't work you. you have to learn from what it is teaching you. i just came off a 2 week "lets see if i lower points and not workout as much". it didn't work. i just needed to stay where i was, it was working. i let the little comments of "you eat too many points, you exercise too much, you need to do more strength, fruits have calories and sugar". the list goes on. so i thought maybe i do. NO i don't. as long as i was losing that's all that counts. what works for me doesn't always work for someone else, and people don't need to butt into what is working for someone else.
    sorry to hijack your post. these things get me too.

have a great points day ladies......
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with the 'free' fruit and veg encouraging better choices. I was eating crisps or chocolate as snacks on MFP cos my calories allowed. On WW I guess it's woken me up to what I already knew, that these are not healthy on a daily basis and instead I am snacking on fruit. On WW a chocolate bar is a far larger percentage of my daily allowance so it becomes not worth having.