Challange for March 21!

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Hey, why not buy frozen fruits and veggies the next time you go grocery shopping?! Why deprive yourself of foods you love that are not in season? Frozen fruits and veggies are picked at peak of freshness then flash frozen. So you still get the benefits of a high nutritional value. . Now what would you rather have...fruit that travelled from South America or frozen fruit that was grown and frozen locally?
A good example are frozen blueberries are actually better right now since not in season. Find creative ways to use them.
Yesterday, I thawed frozen turnip greens and put in a salad with tomato, beans and onions and dressing and lean sausage. Tasty!!
Go to wwweatright.org if want more information.
Let me know of your ideas!

Replies

• TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I think I will go to the store later and I will be buying frozen fruit. My guess is I will put it in my dinner shake!!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I love it in smoothies!
  • Thesarahmonster
    Thesarahmonster Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I always overlook the frozen fruits! I never really thought about it like this. Next time I'm at the store I'll definitely see what they have available :) Plus.. if they are frozen you can keep them in the freezer and not have to worry about them going bad. I am always so bummed when I find fruit I forgot about in the crisper and it's no good anymore. Thanks for the challenge!