Continuous Snacking.

Options
brandillyn
brandillyn Posts: 105 Member
I'm in dire need of assistance! Since I've been working out more, all I've wanted to do is snack..all day.. Is that okay or no? All I have in my house right now is chocolatey stuff, and trust me, I've been eating it. So should I just starve and wait till my meals? What are good snacks I can buy to make it not a big deal?

Replies

• MmmDrop
    MmmDrop Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Have you tried eating protein after you workout? Usually after I workout, I eat tuna and some greek yogurt. The protein should help satisfy you. Also, if you haven't already, switch out all your white breads/pastas/rice to whole grain. The extra fiber in these will take longer to digest, so you don't get hungry again like 10 minutes after you eat. I normally start off my day with oatmeal & grapefruit -- it really helps tide me over until lunch.
  • brandillyn
    Options
    I'm completely new at the dieting part. thanks for the tips! Do you just eat the tuna out of the can or something?

I'm a terribly picky eater, so I'm going to have to do some serious food research.
  • NavyWifeTwinMom
    NavyWifeTwinMom Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm a crazy choc-o-holic, so it just can't be in the house. Surround yourself with healthy options (apples, veggies, almonds etc) and at least when the munchies attack junk isn't available! Cheers!
  • MmmDrop
    MmmDrop Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I normally just make an open faced sandwich on a slice of whole grain or double fiber bread with just half a can - my 4 year old eats the other half. :p I also refuse to purchase junk to put in my pantry. For snacks, we normally do simple stuff like fresh fruit or the healthier granola bars - or even celery with peanut butter. Its so yummy, and so easy to do.

It took me a good 4 months to completely overhaul the way my entire family ate. It made it way easier for me to actually do when it was a lifestyle change for all of us instead of just a diet for me. Good luck on your journey! :D
  • CNG223
    CNG223 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Right after a workout I like to have a glass of chocolate milk, it gets my sweet tooth happy and the milk fills me up. Its a great recoop drink and fuels the muscles. I drink that and wait a half hour, usually that holds me over for quite a while. Also, eggs, they are fabulous protein and keep you full longer.
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    When I have done a good workout I usually drink a protein shake. I definitely recommend snacking between meals.
    Im super picky as well but my normal snacks are any kind of nuts, fruits and some times veggies, beef jerky, LOVE Fiber One Brownies (90 calories), just recently tried Jello snacks temptations(60 calories) pretty tasty maybe not the healthy but i believe I don't have to be super healthy all the time :P I have done goldfish crackers as well or pop chips or rice cakes or special K cracker chips.
  • brandillyn
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'll have to make a list for when I go grocery shopping next. (:
  • secoke
    secoke Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree with the protein snacks after a work out. I love chocolate milk but if I'm on the run sometimes I have the skim milk string cheese and a piece of fruit. Larabars are also great snack options for when you know you are going to be out and about. They are made with unsweetened dried fruits and nuts, no "junk," and some of their flavors are great for a dessert treat, like the coconut cream pie! They tend to be in most big supermarkets, they can be a bit pricey but they will go on sale all the time :)