EA Sports Active 2 General Discussion, News, etc.

Options
2»

Replies

• Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for the EA2 Active Group too - where did they go:cry: ?

So where are you at in your EA Sports Active Journey?

Tonight I did the 3 week cardio kick start on hard workout number 4 of 12. I am working towards doing the 9 week hard soon.
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    I see a few more faces on here. The group is 77 strong now.

So after I finish with my current 3 wk cardio kick start hard, I will have completed my 51st week of EA Sports Active 2.

On August 6th I will be do the 60 day easy challenge on the NFL Training Camp program for the first time, then after that (early October) I will dive right into the 9 week hard on the EA Sports Active 2. Anybody is welcome to do it along with me and we can share our experience. It will be my first time doing the hard setting so it should be interesting. I will need to psych myself up for this one.
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    Got a PM yesterday from EA stating that the EA Forums are no longer in operation.
    It is very true and so I am kinda bummed :sad: :sad:
    But this evening I will do my NFL TC session 31 of 36 :happy: ... so I should be a lot happier after that.:drinker:

WE CAN DO THIS

Hope everyone is staying ACTIVE and is progressing on the fitness Journeys.

Peace

JAC
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    Wow....awesome... This group is 86 strong now. That's a wonderful thing. Keep up the good workouts everybody. Lets keep challenging ourselves and keep pressing forward. We CAN do this!!

I am going to set up a CHALLENGE that will begin in the :drinker: NEW YEAR 2013:drinker:
    I know getting through the holiday season is tough on us calorie-wise, so to combat that lets bring in the NEW YEAR with GUSTO and battle that holiday bulge :happy:

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving and a Merry Christmas.

Peace.
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    So I am getting fired up for a New Years Challenge. I know it's early in December right now, but the time is going to fly right on by I am sure of it...LOL....sooooo...WHO'S GAME. And if you have any ideas for a challenge lets hear em.

I was thinking along the lines of tracking weight, waist, steps, calories burned.
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    :drinker: Happy Wednesday - 12-12-12 to everyone. Hope today is a Happy and Healthy one for all of us. Remember your stretches and drink plenty of water.:drinker:
  • dogymom
    dogymom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm up for the challenge if beginners are welcome....i'm pretty outta shape right now :(
  • Jotamide
    Jotamide Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm up for the challenge if beginners are welcome....i'm pretty outta shape right now :(
    Same here. Picked this up the other day and I'm thinking on doing the 9 week program.
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    Same here. Picked this up the other day and I'm thinking on doing the 9 week program.

Are you going for the hard setting or starting out slow. Looking forward to hearing about your progress.
    Welcome to the team Oniros. Here's to great year of fitness.
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    Sorry I have not stopped by lately to see how things are going here. I see a few new faces in the group. Hope the New Year is treating everyone well. Hope everyone has healthy and fit year.
  • Cinnamonhuskies
    Cinnamonhuskies Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Just found this group here! hello!

Been using EA Sports Active More Workouts and love it. Wanted to pick up EA 2 and wondering the pros and cons of 2 vs. More Workouts. I like the idea of the heart rate monitor, but it's had some neg reviews on amazon.
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    Hey there cinnimonhuski...great to hear you are staying active with the workouts. As far as EASA2 goes...it has a 3 week and 9 week challenge on easy-medium-hard difficulty levels (switchable any time). 70 plus exersices to choose from. Custom and preset workouts are available. The HRM (integral with the arm sensor) is a great tool for sure. If used frequently the batteries need changed every couple weeks as does the leg strap...so I suggest purchasing 8 rechargable batteries so you can always have a set ready to go. It is kind of a pain to have a sensor go down during a workout, but if have batteries ready it is not too big of an issue. Also the Wii remote will lose connection if you don't hit a button or move it around a bit...again not a deal breaker by any means. After using EASA2 program for about year-and-a-half...I recommend it very much. It sounds like you are doing well with "More Workouts". I believe it is a fantastic addition on the journey.
  • Cinnamonhuskies
    Cinnamonhuskies Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I originally tried the first EA Sport Active but the More Workouts was much more friendly and better graphics. I did the 6 week challenge but then moved on to create my own workouts with Workout on My Own section.

Seem mot of the negativity comes from the batteries needed for EA 2 as well as the remote losing connectivity.

I think i will check this out!
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    Yesterday...began the 9 week challenge on Easy. It is time to get back in gear and get Active once more. I have been kinda lazy since I conquered my first half marathon. Going to start on Easy and work through the stages. I started with the Fitness Tracker and had a Heart Rate recovery of 59 sec. Though that was pretty good. Those foot fires are a bit easier now since all the running, but still challenging for 90 sec straight...LOL

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!! Let's be Active in December team!! Keep up the great work everyone