Are we breaking for a day at all?

Options
I want to keep up with everyone but I am wondering are we going everyday for 30 or taking a rest day?

Replies

• schume89
    schume89 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Personally I am not taking a rest day unless there is some day when I absolutely cannot do it for some reason. But I am sure others might be taking a rest day too. I know a lot of people complete it in about 35 days, so just do whatever you feel comfortable with!
  • jasminegreen01
    Options
    i have mixed feelings as really love the challenge of 30 days, but i do think you are really suposed to take a rest day every now and again for your mussels. so not sure sorry i'm not much help he he x x
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I plan on doing the 30 days straight. Unless there is a REAL reason for me not to. I don't want it to last any longer than it has to. lol
  • uberrach
    uberrach Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing some light yoga tonight, but I'll be doing day 3 of Shred tomorrow morning first thing. I cranked out 3.5 hours of sleep last night. My body needs rest. That is the most loving, compassionate thing I can do for myself right now. See you guys tomorrow!
  • Elenazuniga
    Options
    Mmm.. never really thought about this.. I'm actually unable to do it Saturday and Sunday those days I work out of the town. So I'm unable to..
  • nikki_marie05
    nikki_marie05 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Im on level three and I did day 1-15 consecutively and took a couple days break before day 16, I have now been going everyday since then. I am currently on day 24. I have some before/after pics on my profile for day 1 and day 15 if anyone would like to see them, feel free to add me :)
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I was planning on taking Sat. and Sun. off. Getting ready to head out and do day 3 right now!
  • compunat
    compunat Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think we have to do it every day.....
  • mattnjodie7382
    Options
    I plan on doing the 30 days straight. Unless there is a REAL reason for me not to. I don't want it to last any longer than it has to. lol

Same here!
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Im on level three and I did day 1-15 consecutively and took a couple days break before day 16, I have now been going everyday since then. I am currently on day 24. I have some before/after pics on my profile for day 1 and day 15 if anyone would like to see them, feel free to add me :)

Your pics definitely show change! Very impressive!!
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    On another message board someone posted a podcast with Jillian michaels. I'm not sure if anyone else saw it, but I did and looked into it. Her system is meant for 2 days on then one day of cardio then two days on....and so on. So you are taking a rest day but you are still burning calories. If you do no take a rest day your results supposably won't be as good. I will go back and see if I can find that link so I can copy and paste it here for all to take a look. I'm still undecided on taking a rest. Although I have not done it today and it's 9:20pm here, so it's not looking good. I did get cardio in today though.
  • uberrach
    Options
    On another message board someone posted a podcast with Jillian michaels. I'm not sure if anyone else saw it, but I did and looked into it. Her system is meant for 2 days on then one day of cardio then two days on....and so on. So you are taking a rest day but you are still burning calories. If you do no take a rest day your results supposably won't be as good. I will go back and see if I can find that link so I can copy and paste it here for all to take a look. I'm still undecided on taking a rest. Although I have not done it today and it's 9:20pm here, so it's not looking good. I did get cardio in today though.

Here it is:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/532781-30-day-shred-and-what-jillian-says?error_user_id=12994661&error_username=uberrach&hl="jillian"+"podcast

"Jillian had a question in a podcast about how often to do it and her answer was...
    2 days of 30DS one day cardio 2 days of 30 DS and one cardio then a rest day. She said the name was more so what her marketing people came up with since each level is meant to be 10 days (just not 10 straight) thats marketing for you!
    Not saying not to do 30 days straight if you want but she was very adamant about how important it is to have a rest day. Just thought I'd let you all know :-)"

Thumb through her podcasts (they're free!!!) in iTunes.
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this! Since I have done three days straight already, I might do my cardio tomorrow. A brisk walk around the neighborhood should do it.

Here it is:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/532781-30-day-shred-and-what-jillian-says?error_user_id=12994661&error_username=uberrach&hl="jillian"+"podcast

"Jillian had a question in a podcast about how often to do it and her answer was...
    2 days of 30DS one day cardio 2 days of 30 DS and one cardio then a rest day. She said the name was more so what her marketing people came up with since each level is meant to be 10 days (just not 10 straight) thats marketing for you!
    Not saying not to do 30 days straight if you want but she was very adamant about how important it is to have a rest day. Just thought I'd let you all know :-)"

• jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Personally I am not taking a rest day unless there is some day when I absolutely cannot do it for some reason. But I am sure others might be taking a rest day too. I know a lot of people complete it in about 35 days, so just do whatever you feel comfortable with!

/\ /\ /\
    This!
  • sweetaj
    sweetaj Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    last night was my day 3, but I had a rest day and just did walking and wii hula on Tuesday. After i read that post from the podcast I caved and skipped a day because i was so freaking sore! I'm just obviously so out of shape! :/ BUT, last night, I was able to get a great workout w/her dvd so I think I'm going to do the 2days on , 1 day something else, 2 days on, 1 day something else, and a rest day.

I'm still doing girl pushups, but i can feel them getting a teeny bit easier to do! ..at least the first 5 or so! :laugh:
  • jrecmcallister
    Options

Here it is:

I travel or have company most every weekend, so I am making Saturday my rest day. But by rest I mean resting from 30DS. This Saturday I am taking my daughter and niece to the zoo so there will be plenty of walking going on! I try to do something active everyday along with the 30DS. I am following her advice though. I did a cardio day today b/c my muscles were so sore from the past 3 days. I am going to throw in a little more cardio tonight as well! I think everyone just needs to do what your body feels. I knew if I did the shred today I seriously would not be able to move tomorrow!
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    For the near future I'm taking every Wednesday off (sorta) -- I've got an excercise class that night & I don't think I can do both. I'll also probably take every other Sunday off as a pure recovery day -- but that is depending on how I feel & how much I need the recovery day. I don't think my commitment will be lessened if I take a bit longer -- so my 30 days will end around the last week of April, not April 18th.
  • uberrach
    Options
    The investigator in me couldn't leave well enough alone. I called every number I could find to actually speak to someone on Jillian's team about this.

When I finally reached someone, they said that they were told to suggest resting in between workouts. Apparently, that came from "the top". They can't say much more than that because they're not qualified as professionals to provide any additional guidance.
  • Aimer45
    Aimer45 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am definitely taking "rest" days but plan to run those days instead. My goal is the Shred 4-5 days per week. I like the idea of 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, and then a rest day. I will see what my body tells me :)
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    The investigator in me couldn't leave well enough alone. I called every number I could find to actually speak to someone on Jillian's team about this.

When I finally reached someone, they said that they were told to suggest resting in between workouts. Apparently, that came from "the top". They can't say much more than that because they're not qualified as professionals to provide any additional guidance.

Oh I like the idea of a rest day between levels!

The first time I did it, I went straight through, mostly as a challenge to myself, and also because once I got started, the momentum kept pushing me and I just couldn't take a day off :) I've been planning on doing my best to go straight through this time too, understanding that it's ok to miss a day of something comes up. I also know I'm not doing significant enough lifting or anything to really be busting my body enough to NEED a rest day.