Hungry For Change?

Options
mominpa
mominpa Posts: 25 Member
Watch here today - 3/31 for FREE!!

It is GREAT!! Fat Sick & Nearly Dead is in this movie with Soooooo much more!!!

http://www.hungryforchange.tv/

Replies

• bsgkid
    bsgkid Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I also found it for free on imdb.com - it is WELL worth the 1:37 minute run time. I'm considering a 10 day juice fast starting Saturday. Friday night is already taken with a social function and I want to enjoy the event without the added pressure. Is anyone else starting a juice fast soon? I'd love to compare notes!
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Thank you--I'll check it out.
  • sanjoparolas
    Options
    Just watched it and enjoyed it. I think hearing the message of health from formerly unhealthy people is really motivating and touching.
  • mominpa
    Options
    Just watched it and enjoyed it. I think hearing the message of health from formerly unhealthy people is really motivating and touching.

Yes i think that is the best part....
  • bsgkid
    Options
    Okay, I started the juice fast today instead of Saturday. I am wondering if MFP is going to give me the "You're not eating enough calories" message, because breakfast was about 200 calories, and lunch was about 230 calories. If I'm not mistaken, doesn't it give you a hard time for anything less than 1200 calories a day?

And BTW, if you don't add at least one apple to the mix, it tastes like licking a tree. Just sayin....:grumble:
  • sanjoparolas
    Options
    Yes, MFP will give you the low calorie warning, and yes I add an apple to my green smoothies for that very reason!
  • mominpa
    Options
    And BTW, if you don't add at least one apple to the mix, it tastes like licking a tree. Just sayin....:grumble:

LOL That is TOOO funny!! And so true....

I really messed up today I made a juice with: 3 zuchinni, 5 celery, 1 grapefruit (skin and all), LARGE handful of parsley and 6 carrotts.... YOZA-- that was HORRIBLE... added 2 apples and it was "okay". I made a 1/2 gallon and so I will save it and add it to tomorrows (hopefully) better juice.

When I add red beets, my son says it tastes like our old unfinished basement!! LOL Its true!
  • bsgkid
    Options
    I read somewhere that apples are the only fruit that you can mix with vegetables without there being a gaseous reaction. I have enough issues without creating more problems for myself! :glasses: I've come to like carrot, beet, spinach, apple the best. It's great for cleaning out your liver and is a good all around juice. I also learned I'm not too big on celery (one or two ribs max) - it's a little too strong for my taste to add any more than that. What are your favorite combos and what ailments are they good for? :drinker:
  • bsgkid
    Options
    Have any of you run into this before? When I drink the juice, my core feels energized and wonderful. However, I feel weak/tired as if I've just done a quad/leg workout. My doctor wanted me to add protein, so I'm juicing for breakfast and lunch, then having a large salad for dinner that includes chicken and slivered almonds. How can you feel energized and weak at the same time? :noway: Is this normal? Will it pass? :frown:
  • bsgkid
    Options
    Aha! Found an old post from about a month ago. It IS normal to feel weak the first few days. Whew - that's a relief! :wink: