Will the Caps Make The Playoffs this year?

Options
Has everyone given up hope for our Boys? I have not. I won't until the end. We're so close to not making the playoffs and every game is a nail biter. We've had a rough season. It's like our team has lost their Chemistry. With Greenie being out most of the Season and Backie being out since January as a result of that dirty hit by Rene Borque. And also the addition of Dale Hunter with the firing of Boudreau. What do you guys think?

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i think we'll get the 8th spot. would love to get the penguins in the first round. i just dont think that Hunter is the best coach for the team GMGM should have fired Boudreau after last season. Hunter is too much of a defensive/dump and chase type coach for the kind of talent on this team. we need a more open style that suits our guys like we had a couple years ago.

also i sure hope our prospect Kuznetsov decides to come here next season. hearing reports he may stay in Russia another year. that kid is gonna be awesome. and he's ours!!!
  • CarmenSandiegoInVA
    CarmenSandiegoInVA Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    He is awesome and I hope he does come here next year. He played at Development camp this past summer and I got to see him. He is going to be great! I'm not sure which coach would be a great fit for us. I'm hopeful that we'll get that 8th spot, but I also think that it's going to come down to the last game of the season. Also, the Sabres are Nipping at our tails so we really have get this going. I don't like that we're playing catch up at the end of the season. We have way too much talent to be losing like we are. It is frustrating this year. But, It will all pay off if we make it into the playoffs and make it deep. Unfortunately we won't have home ice advantage in the first round unless we can Catch Florida which I don't think will happen unless they lose steam very soon. But, Seeing the Penguins and eliminating them this time would be Epic for sure!