Round 2 Anyone?

Options
gilliland_a
gilliland_a Posts: 27 Member
So this next week is recovery week. I need some serious motivation to do a second round. I would like to keep it up through the fall at least doing a 3rd round. But I can't help but think when I did legs and back "Oh this is the last dead lift ever!!!" or "This is the LAST mason twist EVER!!!".

I am not sure how to keep my motivation to jump into another round. My progress has been great and I definitely should keep going.

Anyone up for the challenge?

Replies

• wolfehound22
    Options
    I will be taking April and doing my own thing, as well as recover, but in May I plan on starting a round of P90X plus. THink I would like a change.

Whenever you finish be sure to really look at your before pics and measurements, that should help to keep you motivated for your next round. Also, if its to hard try somthing different for a bit, and then come back to P90X.
  • Timarling
    Timarling Posts: 80
    Options
    I will jump right into a Round 2, albeit with Insanity worked in 2 of the days just for a change of pace. Unfortunately I will be interrupted for 2 1/2 weeks at the end of May into June for a trip to Europe so won't be able to do 3 months straight again. Then again, if I can go straight through from January through May, 6 days a week, I have certainly earned that vacation!
  • ReneeElizabeth26
    Options
    I just finished my 2nd day of my first time doing p90x and holy crap its no joke...
  • gilliland_a
    Options
    Yeah it definitely works :)

I've lost 35 lbs and dropped 15% body fat in this round. I am getting my trademarked tony horton six pack.

It's tough but it gets easier. Just build a regimen or daily routine around it and its so much easier to knock out as a habit.

Keep it up, its worth it.
  • gilliland_a
    Options
    @Timerling

I have a family get together around Memorial Day. So I may not be on a perfect regimen in round 2, but I will be trying to knock out at least 7 more weeks.
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yep, round 2 starting in a few weeks. It's the year of fitness for me and I'm so excited to see the first 3 months just flew by. 19 lbs down and can now do a pull up and 30 push ups with no problems. I remember when I finished P90X and then stopped and how I felt when I started back up again. I AM NEVER DOING THAT AGAIN!!! I worked too hard to just say, well that's that and I'm done. I guess I will never be done. One more round of P90X then P90X2?!?!?!!?!? Great work to everyone who stuck with it or are still going on round 1!
  • The77dtrain
    Options
    Yep, I'm in. Just finished Round 1, and already looking forward to this recovery week finishing so I can get started!
  • gilliland_a
    Options
    @sandyhomerun

Good work! My wife struggles with pullups too. It just takes time to build the hitch muscles to get that first thrust upward. Keep it up.

Now that you have one down more will start coming more easily. If you don't shy away from your necessary protein and heavier weights on back rows, after round two you'll be doing more than 10!!!
  • gilliland_a
    Options
    @The77dtrain

I still have yoga tomorrow. I knocked out core synergistics this morning. It just feels unbelievable to be this far (almost done).

I feel the same way about this recovery week- which after CS this morning felt nothing like 'recovery'. I can't wait to start up again.
  • Timarling
    Timarling Posts: 80
    Options
    So for round two what are people doing for diet? I'm going back to the phase one diet to see if it can strip away that last layer of abdominal fat.
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I just finished my 2nd day of my first time doing p90x and holy crap its no joke...

Just keep pushing play, Your body will get use to the mode of working out, but it's great cause the workouts will change and it will be a great change. I love the ab ripper X for some same strange reason.
  • Karri_Lynn
    Options
    I have 3 weeks left of phase 3. LOVE my results. The definition in my arms is amazing. I have gone from curling 5's last summer to 12's now. Hoping to increase to 15's in the next round. I am doing a hybrid with insanity, and again, LOVE it. :) I will be starting another round the first week of april, I'm just going to go straight into it.