6' Tall Ladies - I need your help!

Options
MNA76
MNA76 Posts: 1,541
Hi,

I've been overweight for so long, I can't remember what pant size I was at a healthy weight. I'm curious about sizing in relation to varying weights. I was wondering if you would mind listing your CW and current pant/jean size. It is greatly appreciated.

A bit of information about me:

I'm 6' even and large-framed.
My CW is 266.6 lbs and I am between a size 18 and 20 (20 is tending to be slightly too big, some 18's fit and some 18's too small still)
My HW was 302 lbs and I wore a size 24
My GW is somewhere between 180 lbs to 200 lbs (I'll assess it the closer I get)

I would appreciate hearing from 6' women of varying weights with around the same frame structure. Whether your starting your weight loss, in mid-process or have reached your goal.

Thank you so much, lovely ladies!!!

Replies

• Psychoanalytic
    Options
    Uhhhhhhhh let's see

6' tall, large frame.
    HW - 280, don't remember size.
    CW - 236 even. I currently wear a size 13-16 in jeans (or things at the hips) and a size 20 for dressier pants that come up to my belly button. (I'm apple shaped. And yes, I'm working on it.) Generally a L-XL in shirts... Dresses are finicky, it just depends on how they're made. Most of my pretty dress clothes are from The J. Peterman Company, in which sizes run a bit small. 14-18 I guess would be the dress range in my closet for those.
    GW - 180-200.

I have no idea what size I was at a healthy weight. I definitely can't wait to see though.
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm 6-foot even; currently about 178 lbs (I fluctuate about 5 pounds throughout the week) and I'm wearing a size 10 jean at American Eagle. I'm typically a 10/12, usually a 12 in dresses because they're a bit longer. I'm at my goal but I am getting a tummy tuck at the end of May, so my size (but not weight) may drop once the extra skin is gone. I look & feel amazing at this weight!
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' as well. I currently weigh 165 and wear a size 14 jeans, M/L top, and 11 dress. I don't have much in the boobie department, but I've got an *kitten*!

My highest weight was 195 and I wore a 16 and XL shirt. My goal weight is about 155.
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Im 6'1 and weigh 216. I wear a size 10 from American Eagle. I have to wear a size 14 for dresses because I am a bit chesty.
  • ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    Options
    I can't comment much about myself because I am larger than you and have been about this size all of my adult life. But my sister started at 370 and a 26/28 and is now about 170 and in a 9/10. She is 5'11".
  • Psychoanalytic
    Options
    Im 6'1 and weigh 216. I wear a size 10 from American Eagle. I have to wear a size 14 for dresses because I am a bit chesty.

I wish I had that problem. I wore a dress Wednesday that fit me everywhere but the chest lol
  • MNA76
    Options
    Uhhhhhhhh let's see

6' tall, large frame.
    HW - 280, don't remember size.
    CW - 236 even. I currently wear a size 13-16 in jeans (or things at the hips) and a size 20 for dressier pants that come up to my belly button. (I'm apple shaped. And yes, I'm working on it.) Generally a L-XL in shirts... Dresses are finicky, it just depends on how they're made. Most of my pretty dress clothes are from The J. Peterman Company, in which sizes run a bit small. 14-18 I guess would be the dress range in my closet for those.
    GW - 180-200.

I have no idea what size I was at a healthy weight. I definitely can't wait to see though.

This is very helpful. Although, fortunately, I'm discovering that most of my weight loss is coming out of my mid-section, hips and thighs. I'm short-waisted and my boobs are humungous chest (40 M). Even at my thinnest (130 lbs) I wore an H/I cup. So shirts and dresses have always been a challenge. Luckily, I mostly wear pants. : )
  • MNA76
    Options

I wish I had that problem. I wore a dress Wednesday that fit me everywhere but the chest lol

I was just going to post a reply about this. That extra inch that you have may make a world of difference. I would LOVE to wear that size when I hit that weight!! (fingers crossed). Hell, I'd be happy to wear that size when I hit my goal weight.
  • MNA76
    Options
    I'm 6-foot even; currently about 178 lbs (I fluctuate about 5 pounds throughout the week) and I'm wearing a size 10 jean at American Eagle. I'm typically a 10/12, usually a 12 in dresses because they're a bit longer. I'm at my goal but I am getting a tummy tuck at the end of May, so my size (but not weight) may drop once the extra skin is gone. I look & feel amazing at this weight!

Are you smaller framed? You look so long and lean. : )
  • paulcer
    paulcer Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' as well. I currently weigh 165 and wear a size 14 jeans, M/L top, and 11 dress. I don't have much in the boobie department, but I've got an *kitten*!

My highest weight was 195 and I wore a 16 and XL shirt. My goal weight is about 155.

This^
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options

Are you smaller framed? You look so long and lean. : )

I have broad shoulders and hip bones but yes I would say I'm smaller framed. I also have a lot of muscle from running!
  • cupkate30
    cupkate30 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am 6' and currently weigh 202lbs. I am wearing a size L in tops and a size15/16 in jeans. My GW is 145lbs which puts me in a size 4/6 in pants and a size S/M in tops.
  • TraceyDonna
    Options
    Hey, Im 5' 11". I started MFP at 179 and in a UK14 (having previously got up to 191 in recent years - uk 18). Im currently at 156 and in a UK size 12/M. Im happy at that weight to be honest, but would love to go just below 155 - just for the achievement!!! I havent seen anything below 11stones since I was very, very young!! x
  • ajh1014
    ajh1014 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm also 6' even. CW255. I have a large frame, but a lot of my weight is on my legs. I find it harder to find pants because I actually have a smaller waist. I have some great dress pants from Eddie Bauer that are 20T and they fit great now. For jeans - hey, a number is just a number! They all run so different that even when you find a pair you like and you buy 2, the other pair will fit differently.
  • MNA76
    Options
    I'm also 6' even. CW255. I have a large frame, but a lot of my weight is on my legs. I find it harder to find pants because I actually have a smaller waist. I have some great dress pants from Eddie Bauer that are 20T and they fit great now. For jeans - hey, a number is just a number! They all run so different that even when you find a pair you like and you buy 2, the other pair will fit differently.

So true about the jeans. Even when you buy multiple pairs in the same size, in different washes, from the same store, they fit differently.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    6ft, cw 206, larger medium frame & wearing a UK 14( a bit snug but not painfully so!) top wise i am a Uk 16 as I am a 39FF bra size & still have an apple shaped belly, seems to be the last place I am losing it from!!.
  • slamazon
    slamazon Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am 6"1, weigh 175 and wear a size 10-12.

Oh yeah ... and I have a large frame too :)
  • PokerChris
    PokerChris Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Interesting how sizes vary.

I am about 6' 1/2" and currently weigh 169, and my best fitting jeans are 14, but I also still wear my size 16 ones even though they're a little baggy. When I was 189 (my highest nonpregnancy weight at the beginning of this year) I had just bought some size 18 dress pants. They were kind of big around the waist but I needed it for my ever-growing butt. They are now way too big all over and I am going to give them to a tall friend.

Sounds like I should start shopping at American Eagle...apparently I'd be a 10 in their jeans! (Yeah, I know the number doesn't really matter, blah blah blah)
  • Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 and am currently 199.8 (yes that is how I tell people my weight right now, that .8 is a big deal lol) and my 14s are getting a bit loose and the 12s I bought are still a bit snug, but totally wearable (I'm just vain and like them to be perfect).

Edit: I am also large framed :bigsmile:
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    5'11" - large frame

HW: 220- size 16-18
    CW: ~190- wearing size 12-14
    GW: 170 ???