HATE PEOPLE WHO ARE SMUG ABOUT EXCERCISE

grumpya
grumpya Posts: 54 Member
why oh why oh why do some people have to be so bl**dy smug about excercising. I can't do most sorts, if I can find someone to take me to a swimming pool I can do a fair imperession of a drowning whale but otherwise I can't do much. I try to be acrive I do some housework & I wheel myself in my wheelchair over fairly flat surfaces. But there are people out there who just GO ON & ON & ON about how many calories they have burned today (I'm sure you know one too) or about their resting heart rate or what setting they have the machine on. I DON'T CARE. There I feel better now! I am going to do a mountain of ironing now on the grounds of it being more active thgan watching tv or reading.

Replies

• mikey3925
    mikey3925 Posts: 35
    why oh why oh why do some people have to be so bl**dy smug about excercising. I can't do most sorts, if I can find someone to take me to a swimming pool I can do a fair imperession of a drowning whale but otherwise I can't do much. I try to be acrive I do some housework & I wheel myself in my wheelchair over fairly flat surfaces. But there are people out there who just GO ON & ON & ON about how many calories they have burned today (I'm sure you know one too) or about their resting heart rate or what setting they have the machine on. I DON'T CARE. There I feel better now! I am going to do a mountain of ironing now on the grounds of it being more active thgan watching tv or reading.

that attitude you describe is one of the reasons i started this group.

i'm happy those folks are making such great progress and they are so pleased with themselves. it's just tough to listen to it when you have to struggle to make any appreciable progress at all.

i'm super happy i started this group so people that feel the same way have a place to vent!

i don't think i've ironed anything, or worn anything ironed, since the early 1970's, :embarassed: but that sounds like an excellent alternative to just watching tv or reading!
  • grumpya
    grumpya Posts: 54 Member
    I didn't say I enjoyed ironing now did I?