low point breakfast ideas...

Options
chipper15173
chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
i am looking for some low point breakfast ideas. i eat peanut butter on toast everyday. it's 7 points. i don't care for the PB2. need to change things up some.

thanks for any ideas

Replies

• AleksD3
    AleksD3 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite recent breakfast and it comes to 7 points...

Thomas English Muffins - I like the honey wheat but you can probably cut the points more by getting the "lite" ones
    2 slices Oscar Mayer preccoked bacon
    1 slice American cheese
    1 tiny whip of SmartBalance Omega 3 mayo
    2 sliced up grape or little tomatoes
    1 tsp healthy oil poured on the english muffin

it does contain processed foods obviously but it's yummy and filling.

Oh, adding eggs to it would probably be good and more filling protein-wise but I don't eat eggs.
  • bethelcheryl
    bethelcheryl Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I always eat oatmeal and fruit. 4 points. Sometimes I'll dip fruit in hummus, too. Another 2 points.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    hubby just made me steel cut oatmeal. but, he added just a tad of cocoa to it. oh my goodness. he makes it on sundays and freezes it for his breakfast during the week. when i eat oatmeal, it doesn't always last me. he said with the steel cut it should. i just ate reg. quick oatmeal. we shall see. but, it was good. some times he adds a dash of PB2 and he said it tastes like no bakes.

thanks for the ideas.
  • bethelcheryl
    bethelcheryl Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    One serving of oatmeal doesn't always last long for me either. I use the instant packets, and lots of times I use 2. That is 8 points, but I'm filled up for a while.
  • MrsDinkley
    Options
    My fav. breakfast is an egg (cooked in the microwave if I am in a rush), on an english muffin, with a piece of ham, and a tiny bit of fat free mayo. So yummy and keeps me satisfied until lunch.
  • Anniepoo04
    Anniepoo04 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My favorite is

1/2 cup Egg Beaters 1 point
    1 tsp olive oil 1 point
    1 cup almond milk 1 point
    1 cup raspberries free
    I have always liked my breakfast to be low just in case I do not know what my day my throw at me.
  • jl622
    jl622 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon raisin bagel thin with 1 serving of low fat cream cheese, and some fruit = 5 points
  • llihak
    llihak Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great Harvest Bread Co - High 5 Fiber, 56 g - toasted
    Great Value - All Natural Mild Salsa, 2 Tbsp - spread on toast
    Egg Beaters - Southwestern Eggs, 0.5 cup - scrambled on the toast

calories: 220
    fat: 4
    carbs: 27
    fiber: 5
    protein: 15

5 Points (plus)
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    3 egg white omlete with spinach and a touch of cheese (I like mozzerella but any would work) Mmm...might have to go make one now :wink:
  • shlobiwan
    shlobiwan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm not a morning person, so this one does it for me. The night before, put the following in a jar, shake well and put in the fridge overnight:

1/4 c. rolled oats (the 3-5 minute kind)
    1 tbsp chia seeds
    1/2 banana, quartered & sliced into small bits
    1/2 cup of milk (I use unsweetened almond)
    a few drops of stevia (my friend skips this, she says the banana sweetens it enough)

This comes to a total of 5 points. I usually add some berries in the morning.
  • shlobiwan
    Options
    And when I'm bored, I'll do this instead:

1 egg
    1/4 cup egg whites
    1/4 cup black beans
    2 tbsp salsa

Spray with cooking spray, scramble and serve. Comes to 4 points and is a good-sized breakfast.
  • mommymeryl
    Options
    I was really struggling with low point WW breakfasts that filled me for more than an hour. ..finally I have discovered herbalife protein shakes!!! With skim milk and a banana and they are only 4 points and sooooooooooo yummy and satisfying - for me!

Anyways - I make it and drink it in the car on the way to work and sip it and I don't get tummy grumbles for a good 2 hours or so!

I don't think it matters teh brand (my friend just happens to sell herbalife) - I think even a protein powder/meal replacement with same calories per serving would work!!
  • shlobiwan
    Options
    Protein does help with that full feeling, I find. My shake is seven points, but has 35 grams of protein for a scoop. I find that it's worth it! I have one on most workout days, usually right after the workout itself.

2 cups of spinach
    1 scoop Kaizen "Vanilla Ice Cream" flavoured protein powder (from Costco)
    1/2 cup fat free yogurt
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1/2 banana
  • libbi
    libbi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    1 packet of Instant Cream of Wheat (Made with water)- 2 points
    Splenda- 0 points
    Banana- 0 points and Power Food
    1 cup Skim Milk- 2 points Power Food

Meal; total- 4 points

I use the Splenda with the Fiber added that helps with fullness. Sometimes I make the Cream of Wheat with 2/3 skim milk instead of water. This adds another point.