PC Tycoon/Sim games

Options
mixedfeelings
mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
Hello, I'm addicted to these types of games and need a fix. I'm sure I've explored all avenues of tycoon/sim games but I want some new ones. I've just started playing "Cities in Motion" but I want some more, apart from the guilty pleasure of all sims series my favourites have been Roller Coaster Tycoon (1-3), Sim City 3000, Railroad Tycoon 3 and Theme Hospital. I even enjoyed Beach Life, and some school tycoons. Is there anything else out there, Any suggestions?

Replies

• Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Can't make any suggestions as you've played most of the ones I have. But I am jonesing to see the new SimCity due next year.
  • mixedfeelings
    Options
    Can't make any suggestions as you've played most of the ones I have. But I am jonesing to see the new SimCity due next year.

I'm hoping it's good and playable, and much better than SimCity Societies. I mean I like SimCity Societies but I was one of the many that found the game unplayable, it crashed so much and it did seem like the majority of people had problems with it but it was just never fixed it was practically ignored which annoyed me. I could have played the game okay, I quite enjoyed the new look and way of doing things. I think I'll have to just carry on with Cities in Motion, and also play Theme Hospital again.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping it's good and playable, and much better than SimCity Societies. I mean I like SimCity Societies but I was one of the many that found the game unplayable, it crashed so much and it did seem like the majority of people had problems with it but it was just never fixed it was practically ignored which annoyed me. I could have played the game okay, I quite enjoyed the new look and way of doing things. I think I'll have to just carry on with Cities in Motion, and also play Theme Hospital again.

I am expecting it to be playable, though I do have concerns with my computer being able to display large cities fluidly. Though I expect to upgrade before it comes out.

I have not even heard of Theme Hospital, is it worth checking out?
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Have you played stronghold? It's like a resource gathering game if you play economy mode. It is kinda addicting for me.
  • mixedfeelings
    Options

I am expecting it to be playable, though I do have concerns with my computer being able to display large cities fluidly. Though I expect to upgrade before it comes out.

I have not even heard of Theme Hospital, is it worth checking out?

Theme Hospital is great, although I wonder if nostalgia plays a part of my liking of it. It's quite old now, for a game, I would recommend getting it.
  • mixedfeelings
    Options
    Have you played stronghold? It's like a resource gathering game if you play economy mode. It is kinda addicting for me.

Never played Stronghold, is it all military?