A family Challenge!!!!!!!

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Hey, when I was growing up my father (rest in peace pop) decided we would eat together as a family everyday. Since today is what most consider a 'rest' day...I challenge you to eat with your family....whether it is brunch, lunch, or dinner today. No cell phones or tv or any other media. Talk with each other! You will begin to discover who the other people are in your world!!!!!!
Have a great day! As always send Wonder Woman a message of your thoughts!

Replies

• JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I think I love you more with each challenge!! This is fabulous. We've always eaten together as a family, but I'm shocked at how many don't!
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I agree with JeSuisPrest you are great. We are one of the families that eat on the go and really never eat together so I told my hubby that after the Y and after his b-ball game we will cook on the grill and enjoy a family evening. Thanks again for the idea!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I say even if not everyday at least one day a week make it an effort. Funny, I have memories when my mom would make a fabulous meal...NOBODY talked...chomp chomp! LOOOL!!!!!!!
  • PRpal
    PRpal Posts: 13
    Options
    My family eats together every day, but I wanted to add that when I was young, my father worked construction and was a way a lot. Some of my best memories are of our "Friday Night" ritual which involved (yikes!) bologna, cheese, pizza, chips and soda. (And the Dukes of Hazzard and Dallas, of course). It certainly wasn't a healthy ritual as far as the food goes, but the wonders it did for a little girls emotions was great. Time to make some memories with our kids!