New to the group :)

Options
akrnrunner
akrnrunner Posts: 117 Member
Hi All! Just wanted to say hello. I'm new to the group and MFP and so far loving it! I'm a busy mom of 3 who just recently decided, after having my 3rd in January, that I'm going to be a stay at home mom for a bit. So I quit my job as a nurse. My daughter, who is 2 months old now is strictly breast fed (mostly by her choice, not mine.) and by that I mean the strictly part. She will not take a pacifier or bottle at all! While it's great for milk supply but it's so hard and demanding on me (especially with my husband away on training). While our plan is to breast feed especially because I'm home with her all the time, it would be soooo nice for her to at least take a pacifier for a bit so I can get a good workout in or maybe enjoy a hot cup of coffee :) and I think it's important for her to be able to take a bottle just in case... Anyways, right now her limit is about 20 minutes... so I have been doing a lot of stationary biking and JIllian Michael's Shred in 30 (which is awesome btw!). I'm looking for some other suggestions on workouts that I can do in 20 mins or even some things to try to get her to take a pacifier would be appreciated too! Thanks!

Replies

• Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hi! My baby girl is six months now. BOOBYAHALIC!!! Will not take anything else! I have no advice on the paci thing. If she doesn't want it I think that is a battle you will not win! I tried with my last two. I can say it is far easier to not have to break them of it later on! I am on Day 6 of the 30DS. I swear I'm seeing results already. If you have able with 'on demand' channels and there is an exercise channel there are a lot of good workouts usually 25 min or less. Just work in whatever extra you can.neven if it's walking or vacuuming! Every bit counts! You will love MFP even after a little time. The particular group of breast feeding women I am friends with are really wonderful and supportive!
  • VAPeters
    VAPeters Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm in Vegas but welcome to mfp. my daughter (3rd child) is 14 weeks old and exclusive bf.No paci just her fingers/thumb lol.
    Take your time and combine diet and exercise and you will get there. this week i hit a speed bump and gained but now its back to it and time to re-focus. It is a journey and you will get there all in good time!
  • Caiden1Dani2
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too (both on the forum and to MFP). I'm at home with my second, who at 10 months is still a breastfeeding machine. Never took a pacifier or a bottle, but now has started on sippy cups. My first was the same way with bottles, but loved his pacifier (which he still is attached to at bedtime). She has started on solids, but has a very powerful gag reflex, so I need to be very careful on what she eats - plus, now that her teeth are starting to come in, she's extra needy and wants to be with me all the time/nurse all the time.

I'm with you on the whole "can't find much to do in 20 minutes". Good for you for doing all you are doing!

I think this site looks good so far. I'm donig a little better on it than I was alone. Good luck to you and enjoy your stay-at-home time!