March Challenge! 3/25-3/31

Options
It's the last week of the challenge ladies!! Wow this month went by quickly. :noway:

Well as some of you may know my knee has been acting up quite a bit and is making exercise, even just walking a challenge. I have decided to back off on the exercise a bit for a few weeks. I am focusing on some leg exercises my physical therapist (from years ago) gave me to help with my knee pain. I have had patellofemoral pain syndrome for years now, but it only really bothers me when I try to start exercise. It's a challenge.

So for the last week of the challenge I will be focusing on my leg exercises. (Designed to strengthen my thigh muscles)

If people are interested in going on to a April challenge I would suggest one that is focused on staying at or below our calorie goals!

Replies

• smsinger75
    smsinger75 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. I have osteoarthritis in both knees. That is why I only walk. No running for me anymore. Way too painful. I would definitely be interested in continuing the challenge into April. My challenge this week is going to be this coming weekend. My daughter and I are going to Knoxville, TN for a scrapbooking getaway. So I will really have to watch what I eat while I am there.
    But I did really well this past week and don't want to suffer a set back.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and has a wonderful week!

Hugs~
    Rena
  • Handbanana06
    Handbanana06 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Monday- 3/27 cs5k 45 minutes!
  • MeAfter30
    MeAfter30 Posts: 129
    Options
    Handbannana~ you are seriously rocking the C25k! :)

Rena~ Good luck eating while out of town, that is a HUGE challenge! Hope you have fun as well!!

I didn't have a good day yesterday at all :sad: , but today has been a lot better and that is all I can ask for! :happy:
  • smsinger75
    smsinger75 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did well on the food diary side. Not so much on the exercise. But I plan on being on my feet and moving around alot at work today. So that will help. We have to unpack, sort, inventory and re-pack an entire laboratory worth of equipment. Then get started on an emergency medical treatment ward. So busy day ahead.

Hoping everyone has a great day! I even found out last night that we might have 2 new members to MFP soon. My mom and my sister! They have decided to get healthy and lose some weight after seeing how much I have lost so far! That was great news!
  • K_Pow
    K_Pow Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This week has been a challenge for several reasons.

Monday - Level 3 of Shred
    Tuesday - Nothing
    Wednesday - Level 3 of Shred & 35 min walk at lunch

Just found out some AWESOME news with regards to my hubby so we celebrated Monday night....with deep fried goodness at Kelsey's and beer....not so good on the calorie count.

I've made the decision to increase my calories to 1690 with the intention of when I workout not to eat those calories. We will see how that goes.

I'm struggling huge since being back to work finding the time to workout. My weight loss really depends on how much I'm working out so I find if I don't work out then it all goes to hell. Anyone else experiencing the same challenge??

I find that if I stay within my calorie count and DONT workout the scale doesn't budge, but if I am working out and eating within my calorie range it does show on the scale. UGH!
  • MeAfter30
    Options
    First off congrats to your hubby! :drinker:

I HOPE that just dieting alone will be enough for the scale, for me, since working out with my bum knee isn't happening right now. You know all the experts say "calories in, calories out" so lets hope it's that simple! :ohwell:
  • Handbanana06
    Options
    Handbannana~ you are seriously rocking the C25k! :)

Rena~ Good luck eating while out of town, that is a HUGE challenge! Hope you have fun as well!!

I didn't have a good day yesterday at all :sad: , but today has been a lot better and that is all I can ask for! :happy:

Thanks It is such a great program! Never thought I would be a runner but now I am! I would recommend it to anyone that wants to run but doesn't know where or how to start!
  • Handbanana06
    Options
    Tuesday-3/27 rest day
    Wednesday-3/28-5k run and 1 k walk 45 minutes
    Thursday 3/29-30 minutes Arc trainer, 30 minutes strength training, 30 minute run, 90 minute total
    Friday 3/30 HIIT 25(turbo fire) and C25K 30, total 55 minutes
  • K_Pow
    K_Pow Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thursday - 60 min treadmill (5 mins at 3.5, 10 min x 4 at 6.0, 15 mins at 4.0)
    Friday - Level 3 of Shred, 30 min walk at lunch
  • MeAfter30
    Options
    Great job ladies! Finish strong for the month of March!

I have been trying to get in what exercise I can, around my bad knee. I have been doing the leg exercises everyday and I have done some toning exercises for my arms as well as throwing in some sit-ups! Hopefully this helps while I am waiting for my knee to get better. :smile:
  • MeAfter30
    Options
    That's it for the March challenge ladies. Join me in the new thread for our April challenge!!! :drinker:
  • Handbanana06
    Options
    Saturday. 3/31. 2 hours at the gym, arc trainer, weights and treadmill