SUMMER AROUND THE CORNER

Options
DaChozn
DaChozn Posts: 134 Member
Where in the heck has the time gone???!! April is almost here and summer is around the corner. I hope everyone is still pushing toward their goals. I have 2 weddings in October so I still have a ways to go unlike many of you.

Who has a wedding in May or June to attend?

What are your current workout/nutrition plans that's in your arsenal for getting there?

I think the originator for this group took a hiatus but we gathered a great group of ladies when it started and I was just curious to see how everyone's been doing. :happy:

Replies

• krista896
    krista896 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My wedding is the first weekend in may so i only have just under six weeks to go. Unfortunately I'm no where near my goal (originally planned to be 108) I'm 124 right now and and shooting to be 118-120 by the wedding. I recently started a waitressing job that keeps me moving 8-10 hours a day for 4 day a week so that has been helping.

As for my workout, today I just started the strong-lifts 5x5 weight training program and upped by calories from 1200 to 1360 to compensate for the extra activity.

I'm hoping that if i stick to my calories and continue the weight training three days a week and and include some cardio I will be able to meet my new goal.
  • DaChozn
    Options
    My wedding is the first weekend in may so i only have just under six weeks to go. Unfortunately I'm no where near my goal (originally planned to be 108) I'm 124 right now and and shooting to be 118-120 by the wedding. I recently started a waitressing job that keeps me moving 8-10 hours a day for 4 day a week so that has been helping.

As for my workout, today I just started the strong-lifts 5x5 weight training program and upped by calories from 1200 to 1360 to compensate for the extra activity.

I'm hoping that if i stick to my calories and continue the weight training three days a week and and include some cardio I will be able to meet my new goal.

Even though you won't meet your goal in time (you will eventually!), your dedication is outstanding. I'm so inspired by you Krista because I want to do the exact same program (strong lifts) when my schedule lets up later in the year so I can get back and forth to the gym. I also want to lift at least 3 times a week and fit cardio in between. i might PM you from time to time to see how you're doing and how you like it.
  • jazzminx
    jazzminx Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I am absolutely nowhere near my goal and I'm a little bummed at myself for doing that. I'm going to keep doing my workouts (random Jillian Michaelsand watching what I eat (a little closer though). I'm going to try to let school not stress me out as much (heh, yeah right).

I'm attending a wedding next month (April 21sh) for an old college friend I haven't seen in about 10 years. I'm super excited and wish I looked a little better, but I'm just going to focus on being able to see and catch up with an old friend. My weight is important, but so is nostalgia :laugh:

Ultimately, I'm hoping to lose SOMETHING before the big wedding on June 16th. My little brother is getting married and this is the one I'm a bridesmaid for. Hopefully I wont waste the next three months like I did the past year :ohwell:
  • DaChozn
    Options
    I am absolutely nowhere near my goal and I'm a little bummed at myself for doing that. I'm going to keep doing my workouts (random Jillian Michaelsand watching what I eat (a little closer though). I'm going to try to let school not stress me out as much (heh, yeah right).

I'm attending a wedding next month (April 21sh) for an old college friend I haven't seen in about 10 years. I'm super excited and wish I looked a little better, but I'm just going to focus on being able to see and catch up with an old friend. My weight is important, but so is nostalgia :laugh:

Ultimately, I'm hoping to lose SOMETHING before the big wedding on June 16th. My little brother is getting married and this is the one I'm a bridesmaid for. Hopefully I wont waste the next three months like I did the past year :ohwell:

I know it's tough to think you're wasting time when you're not seeing visible progress (believe me, I'm there right now). However, you're still here on MFP and still diet and exercise conscious and that counts for a lot Jazz. You've got crazy dedication and plus your schedule is bananas. I skipped my workout yesterday to meet a deadline for a paper so I know how difficult and stressful it is to fit in school too and I know you're raising a family, working, and going to school as well. That's no cake walk! Have fun with your friend in a month and I'd love to see some pics of you in your bridesmaid dress if you decide to post any! :-)