Recorded my workout

Options
jaszmyn
jaszmyn Posts: 66 Member
Oh MY!!! I had my son record part of my FIRE 55 workout today. Oh boy was that a eye opener!!! I thought that I was really stickin the moves and giving it my all. When I watched the video, I looked like I was barely moving at all. I always felt that the sweat dripping off my body and my face was a good indication that I was doing the workout with high intensity, but I guess not. I am a bigger gal, so I guess any movement will burn calories at this point. LOL. But no seriously, I really did think I was doing much better at giving it a go. Like I could tell from just a 70 sec video, that i wasn't lifting high or twisting low, or jabbing long as I thought.

Oh well, now that I know and I have seen it, I can go harder tomorrow. WHEW!!! No rest day for me! i GOTTA WORK.

Replies

• IcassI
    IcassI Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. I'm sure you have made progress since you started the video. You will get better and better as time goes on. You are doing GREAT! Keep up the GREAT work. :drinker:
  • jaszmyn
    jaszmyn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. You ladies keep me lifted. It was really good seeing myself though, so I know I have to work a little harder!
  • BrendaS78
    BrendaS78 Posts: 28
    Options
    You are giving it your all and that's what counts! If you are dripping in sweat then you are definitely burning up those calories! I actually do my workouts in front of my bedroom mirror! It keeps me motivated! :)
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    You are giving it your all and that's what counts! If you are dripping in sweat then you are definitely burning up those calories! I actually do my workouts in front of my bedroom mirror! It keeps me motivated! :)

I do that too! My closet doors are sliding mirrors and I will look over or turn to face it and watch myself do the moves. I still need to work on going lower tho, once my legs hurt a little its like I just stop going down. =P
  • seesaey
    seesaey Posts: 231
    Options
    I know EXACTLY what you are talking about! I record my workouts and put them on YouTube for my Facebook page and its an eye opener to see what you really look like vs what's in your head. But, like you said - you know what to focus on to improve your form now! You are doing great and burning those calories either way!!
  • sandymck413
    sandymck413 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't look at it as you aren't doing much but you should look at it as a way to make improvements because there is always room for improvements. And beside you are working hard and burning calories so keep up the good work and you will see that you will improve in the moves.:happy:
  • Pearlsandcurls13
    Options
    What a great idea! I know for me it helps to work out in front of a mirror. I hung a mid size mirror on the wall next to my TV so I could position it to see myself. It really helps me make sure I'm keeping proper form.