9 week program

Options
embclark
embclark Posts: 186 Member
Hello all! I have been using both my fitness pal and ea active 2 since January, but this is my first time checking out the chat forums. . . I was just wondering if everything has done/is doing this 9 week program? Today was my first day of phase 3 and man was I beat at the end! I am looking forward to it being over, but a bit scared to create my own workouts...

Do many of you create your own workouts or do you have the computer generate them for you?

-emily

Replies

• Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    First of all welcome embclark and thanks for starting this thread.

I just finished the 9wk easy (not so easy in the 3rd phase) program last friday. Yesterday and today I was playing around with the custom workouts for the first time. I have been wanting to try the 10min step aerobics, pretty sweet. I included some warm up, cool down and some boxing to round out the workout. For a custom workout I think you pick some warmup and cooldown and between select the area of the body you want to focus on. I think once you start playing around with it you will enjoy it. Check it out and have some fun with it.

JAC
  • skaville1976
    skaville1976 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I did the 9-week hard about a year ago and intend to celebrate the anniversary by repeating the feat as part of Jac's challenge to the group. You certainly work up a sweat doing it and the floorboards take a real pounding too.

I also created a custom workout the other day that concentrated on upper body exercises. It's a fairly straightforward process as long as you can remember what EA2 calls the various exercises. The other neat thing is that you can use hand weights instead of the resistance bands. You can even enter the actual weight you are lifting.

If you play around with it, I'm sure you can come up with some good workouts. I'm using PS3 version by the way, not sure if it differs from other platforms in a big way.
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    So I just finished the 3 week program and I will be starting the 9 week program tomorrow,I have a feeling I'm in for a hurtin' cause instead of doing the med I'm doing the hard LOL plus doing my Turbo Jam also,but really looking forward to seeing some great results.I also just realized a couple days ago that I can do custom workouts lol so maybe I'll be adding those on my rest days!! Can't wait to get started and get my butt kicked LOL!!
  • Stixx28
    Stixx28 Posts: 55
    Options
    Hey there, I'm currently doing custom programs for different muscle areas on different days. It's been working well. Since Sept I've done the 9 week 3 times, and just finished the 3 week Cardio. Its good to go through both to get a good idea what excercises do and do to your body. Then you can make a custom program based on your experience. Also dumbells are a good investment, as well as wrist and ankle weights, I recently purchased "Perfect Punch" which works great with "Cardio Boxing" on EASA1 or 2!