What is your food nemesis?

Options
sayloregal
sayloregal Posts: 12 Member
What is the one food item that makes you crumble at the smell/sight of it? Mine is many.. comfort food.. cheesy, creamy, buttery or salty.. chips/crackers & dips.. my weakness.. AND SODA!!

Soda is my number one downfall.. i stress, i want a soda.. i'm at work.. i want a soda.. i drank soda with everything.. breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack. just because... and it doesn't help my company has FREE soda fountain Pepsi/Mt Dew.. my nemesis.. lol.. while i have managed to curtail that soda craving during the day.. my co-workers harass me if I get a soda (not in a bad way)... but at my 2nd job nobody cares so i'll grab a soda as a little pick me up on my break.. but when I do splurge, I've been trying to drink diet.. which isn't any better for you... but at least no calories or fat to count.. :oP I always keep a water bottle with me.. yes it's filled... and i do try to drink as much as I can during the day, but soda is what i'll truly break down for.. as for my other.. i'm learning to "de-fat" my recipes again and opt for lower fat versions of some of my favorite indulgences, so I can indulge once in a while and not beat myself up over it. :o)

so what's yours? and how do you overcome?

Replies

• Uneeknitter
    Uneeknitter Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I would have to say anything with wheat flour....bread, cupcakes, bagels, etc. Bread is actually the one thing that when I eat it I can gain 2 lbs. immediately on the scale. I am usually pretty good about not eating it. But lately, it seems like I can't let it go again. I have been mostly wheat free for the last 7 years, so this particular struggle right now is really blowing my mind. It is a huge detriment to me because it isn't helping me feel confident any more about my weight loss.

My plan, to stop eating it again next week. I will clean it out of the house so it doesn't tempt me. I won't go to parties. I want to cleanse again so that I can feel how good it is when I am NOT eating wheat so I can remember why I gave it up in the first place!

Good luck with the soda. Fortunately for me, I have never had a soda addiction. Recently I started drinking kool-aid again, but I buy the sugar free packets and add Truvia as my sweetener. Makes an awesome alternative to plain water but without the calories of fruit punch.
  • sayloregal
    sayloregal Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bread is a hard one to give up.. in my house: bread, cheese, potatoes, & eggs were the bases of all meals.. I'm learning portion control with them... I'd love to be bread free, but with my work schedules.. bread is the most convenient on the go food. Since I spend 85% of my time in my car.. anything that isn't in a sandwich or tortilla can't be eaten while driving.. haha..

I wish you lots of luck and if you're feeling week, post here and I'll give you a little nudge ;oP I'm really trying to make myself accountable by posting my actual weight and letting people view my food diary so I try to eat well just in case someone wants to check up on me.
  • Uneeknitter
    Uneeknitter Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing...make my food diary available and such. I gave up corn and potatoes years ago. Both make me feel gross, just like anything made from wheat. Ditto, just let me know if you need a nudge. My plan come Monday is to get into the gym every day this week. Plus I hope to get in at least 15 miles of walking/running this week, with one of those outings at 7 miles. Gotta get one 10K+ in each week. ;)
  • kc0kiu
    kc0kiu Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Breads!! Any type of baked goods. I have an awful sweet tooth, but starch satifies it. I got over my diet coke every day thing but changing to tea and chai. Chai to start the day, cold or hot tea as the day goes on. I need the flavor. I like water esp when working out. But tea gives some flavor and few if any calories, for down times/work.