And his name is....................................

Options

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    It was your first actual conversation with the guy and only just found out his name,don`t expect him to ask you out that quickly.
    Remember,this is the first time you have actually shown him any attention or interest.
    Your day dreams don`t count. :laugh:

When he asked who you were going with to the show what was your answer?

Hehe, well it got awkward here because I got nervous when he asked. I didn't know if he was implying something or what.. not to mention I'm going with friend lover so I was caught off guard.
    I just said "uh a friend" and then he waited for a bit like I was going to say more but then I said it again "just a friend" and he just said "ooh okay, well good. be safe."
    Then I wanted to impress him and act tough (um) so I told him, if friend wasn't going to go, I would have went by myself. He thought that was hilarious. :ohwell: I totally would had!

May not have been the answer he was looking for. Are you sure he doesn't know about friend-lover? Are you sure that they aren't already friends?

No, it wasn't a big deal. And NO they don't know each other. No possible way.
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    And now when he asks you how the concert went, you should say that it was great but you didn't have great protection,everyone else seemed to have their husband or wife with them and you felt left out, then you can ask if he's married! Psh this stuff's eeeeeeaasssy

ps thanks for my birthday message on facebook! :D
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    It was your first actual conversation with the guy and only just found out his name,don`t expect him to ask you out that quickly.
    Remember,this is the first time you have actually shown him any attention or interest.

Hehe, well it got awkward here because I got nervous when he asked. I didn't know if he was implying something or what.. not to mention I'm going with friend lover so I was caught off guard.
    I just said "uh a friend" and then he waited for a bit like I was going to say more but then I said it again "just a friend" and he just said "ooh okay, well good. be safe."
    Then I wanted to impress him and act tough (um) so I told him, if friend wasn't going to go, I would have went by myself. He thought that was hilarious. :ohwell: I totally would had!

Okay,as I figured:tongue:

You put a hand up and said "don`t go any farther" at that point.
    He has no idea what the friend is as far as relationship to you and would be inviting himself along as a 5th wheel.
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    And now when he asks you how the concert went, you should say that it was great but you didn't have great protection,everyone else seemed to have their husband or wife with them and you felt left out, then you can ask if he's married! Psh this stuff's eeeeeeaasssy

ps thanks for my birthday message on facebook! :D

easy for you!!

i could say that after 2-3 shots of tequila.... but that'd be kind of odd. Drunk on tequila at the gym working out? Ugh.
  • La_Amazona
    Options

He has no idea what the friend is as far as relationship to you and would be inviting himself along as a 5th wheel.

I love how you know me.

I think he's married. I have a feeling. Boo!
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Psssh but you had the BALLS to do all the other things, woman up! :p

And it's easy for me to say that because I did it and was in a bad situation as you know, I've turned it around and now I'm the one in control, awwwww yeah. Just say it! It's not like you don't look hot so if he's not interested there will be a good reason, there's no reason to be embarrassed in that case, he'll be thinking "damn why did I get married so young" or something along those lines trust me! :p
  • Carl01
    Options

I love how you know me.

I think he's married. I have a feeling. Boo!

Maybe but I doubt it,he sounds too probing of your personal life unless he is a player.
    It does raise an issue though,if he had jumped at the chance and asked you to go with him what would you have done?
    Where does the at this part unattainable guy friend influence your life in the possibility of this?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Where does the at this part unattainable guy friend influence your life in the possibility of this?

Thank you for asking exactly what I was thinking.
  • Carl01
    Options

Thank you for asking exactly what I was thinking.

I am blunt sometimes. :embarassed:
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    Carl, leave me alone!!! :grumble:

I would have told Jason to come. I don't care. I would have been a bit nervous but I would have told friend lover a guy I'm interested is here, I'll be right back. No problemo and go talk to Jason for a bit. I'd introduce them and be flirty with J. See???

I keep looking at my picture and wondering where the hell is my bicep muscle? I know I have them!
  • Carl01
    Options

I would have told Jason to come. I don't care. I would have been a bit nervous but I would have told friend lover a guy I'm interested is here, I'll be right back. No problemo and go talk to Jason for a bit. I'd introduce them and be flirty with J. See???

I keep looking at my picture and wondering where the hell is my bicep muscle? I know I have them!

I really am not trying to pick or make anyone upset.:flowerforyou:

Just food for thought and then I will leave it but this...
    I would have been a bit nervous but I would have told friend lover a guy I'm interested is here, I'll be right back.

...may not be how you meant it but it sounds like you would be hanging with the friend like he was a date and kind of leaving Jason as the friend off to the side.

Sorry if I misread that.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

I don't think that is what Carl is asking. I am curious to know if you would break a date with guy-friend to hang out with Jason?
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    No I wouldn't break a date with FL (I'm going to start abbreviating friend lover) because he's my friend and I don't break plans with my friends for guys/ dates. :tongue:

I would definately make it obvious I was there with FL as a friend and I would probably spend 50% of my time with J, flirting.

It'd be awkward though!! Thank goodness it isn't going to happen.

Hmm good question.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    No I wouldn't break a date with FL (I'm going to start abbreviating friend lover) because he's my friend and I don't break plans with my friends for guys/ dates. :tongue:

I would definately make it obvious I was there with FL as a friend and I would probably spend 50% of my time with J, flirting.

It'd be awkward though!! Thank goodness it isn't going to happen.

Hmm good question.

Are you certain that FL wouldn't break a date with you to hang out with someone else? Honestly, if FL was that great of a friend and you told him that you wanted to do something else with a guy that you have real prospects with, I would think he would understand.
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    You are the sweetest woman ever! Try not to read too far into the event. The event being you had a discussion with him. Consider smiles were exchanged, possible light flirting, and attempts at furthering said conversations. Never know what tomorrow may hold for you! :flowerforyou:
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    No, I actually don't think he'd do that to me.
    I've told ya'll this before but I have no idea if he's dated anybody else since he's been here. I haven't asked. I do know that when he first moved here he mentioned how the only girls on POF that seemed worthy to talk to were me and some other chick in another nearby city. He's gone there for work so it's possible he's gone out with her but we're friends on FB and sometimes I stalk *hehe* and there's nobody new on there. There's pictures of him and I plastered all over his wall, etc. So if he did meet her, it was obviously nothing.
    He's never broken any plans with me or treated me as 2nd best. He has told me several times in regular conversation how I'm the only one he really hangs out with and definately the only one that's been to his place so I assume he hasn't dated anybody serious besides me.

I think he'd understand but it'd probably catch him off guard because we simply never bring up our dating lives with one another. Plus we spend so much time with each other he'd probably wonder how I found the time to meet other guys. I do casually bring up guys buying me drinks or I'll tell him how I was dancing with a guy but that's as far as that goes.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    No, I actually don't think he'd do that to me.
    I've told ya'll this before but I have no idea if he's dated anybody else since he's been here. I haven't asked. I do know that when he first moved here he mentioned how the only girls on POF that seemed worthy to talk to were me and some other chick in another nearby city. He's gone there for work so it's possible he's gone out with her but we're friends on FB and sometimes I stalk *hehe* and there's nobody new on there. There's pictures of him and I plastered all over his wall, etc. So if he did meet her, it was obviously nothing.
    He's never broken any plans with me or treated me as 2nd best. He has told me several times in regular conversation how I'm the only one he really hangs out with and definately the only one that's been to his place so I assume he hasn't dated anybody serious besides me.

I think he'd understand but it'd probably catch him off guard because we simply never bring up our dating lives with one another. Plus we spend so much time with each other he'd probably wonder how I found the time to meet other guys. I do casually bring up guys buying me drinks or I'll tell him how I was dancing with a guy but that's as far as that goes.

I just think that if Jason is familiar with FL, then maybe he believes you are unavailable. Or maybe you have made yourself appear unavailable. I don't doubt he picked up on your body language when he asked who you were going to the concert with.
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Brief reply:

Cute socks
    Well done on the talk - he's interested
    Your pissy cos your head is being sensible re FL and your heart isn't getting it's own way

He will have seen the defensive reaction when he asked who you were going with - FL is in the way, again. If it was someone else you could have invited him too, or inviting him may have led to him asking you out.

Not to say you should do anything about it, just don't want you to kid yourself about what is going on.
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    Lorro, you're right. The thought flashed in my mind to invite him but then FL came to mind and that sort of killed it. NOT because I won't go out with anybody else but just because it'd be awkward. Or maybe because I like being with FL? :sad:
    I'm hopeless.

I would totally go out with J if he asks. And if I were going with a friend- Angela or something I would have asked J to come. BUT J did say he didn't go to concerts like that because it can get a little crazy.

I'm pissy because yes what you said but also because I've been seriously twirly/ horny/ whatever (TMI I KNOW) for a week now. :mad: I get like this and then it just dies on its own lol.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    And I know you think he is wonderful, but I'm still on the fence. I think FL is still taking advantage of your feelings for him.