Walking with baby

Options
Hi all!
I am trying a new fitness project - just walking with my baby in the stroller for about an hour every day. I have tried jogging with a jogging stroller and the thing is, I just hate jogging. But with walking, I enjoy myself, I see the neighborhood, I get some air. However, I struggle with the feeling that this isn't REAL exercise, since I don't break a sweat. What do you guys think? Does walking count? Can it really help you get healthy and improve your health?
Thanks!
Jessica

Replies

• lafeye
    lafeye Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi!

When I had my 2nd baby, all I did for exercise was walk. I cut out chips, soda and sweets , too and lost 15 pounds. I think it works. If you walk quickly you may get your heart rate up more and burn more calories! Any movement works our bodies and counts. If you don't quit you win. You can do it!!

I'm here if you need any thing.

Tonya
  • newmebyjune
    Options
    Hi.

The main excercise I do is walking. Especially if I ate to much :) I may not lose it as quick as someone who is doing a lot of cardio workouts like Zumba but I will take any loss. For me walking is easy and something that I enjoy. I can walk while my boys are at baseball practice.
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Schnuddelbuddel Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Totally works. I have my two smallest (2yr old girl and 6 month old boy) in the double buggy at least twice a week for a 7+km walk. I use Endomondo gps running/walking tracker, put it to 'walking' and it times and tracks me :) Pushing the double buggy and 'racing' myself really gets me to work up a sweat and the kids love being out and about too!